• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 rs vector ltx gt

Allan

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 Sr Viper XTX
I'm thinking about picking up a used 2011 rs vector ltx gt 6000km.

Have not looked at it yet but did see pictures and talked to the guy. seams in real good shape.

When I go look at it what should I look for?
what are the common problem this sled has?
tks

That would be a good back up sled for sure !

1. How does it Start . Ask if original battery.
2. Look at Nose of windshield windshield make sure its not loose. There are some plastic tabs that can break.
3 Front suspension . If you can lift the front of sled and see if the bushings are shot. Then push up on ski to see if spindle bushings are tight.
4 Rear suspension. Check all bogie wheels to see if any are bad. Check front "W" arm make sure its not cracked.
5 Exhaust donuts. Place rag over the back exhaust outlet with a glove on . If sled stays running if both are plugged then Donuts are leaking if it dies that good.
6. Check track for damage
7. Test ride if possible. Check the Tach to see when it engages. Check clutches and belts .
8 Make sure skis are in ok shape and carbides are on it. Not worn down to nothing.
9. Check back cooler and front bulk head coolers make sure they are not beat up or welded.
10. Smile all the way home if you get a good deal.

Enjoy ! Post pic's if you buy....

When to look at sled it was in good shape, but was a problem where the sway bar went threw the bulkhead. The peace on bulk head that holds the sway bar was cracked off. So I passed.

amazing how someone could trash a nice machine so fast.. our 2010 Vector ltx had 10200 miles when we traded for a 2013. Not one issue except exhaust donuts.

Back