• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 apex xtx handlebar riser

kegaroony

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder STX DX
Hey guys, hopefully you can help. I'm looking to rise my handlebars on my sled. I'm a tall guy, and I'm not able to stand and reach my throttle. Did a long trip on the weekend threw some rough trails, and my back got destroyed. Would've been nice to be able to stand. I've tried a couple generic risers so far, that say fit my sled, but none of them do. The bolts are to short. Any suggestions?

Buy a stock handlebar riser. Have it cut to the heights you want to add . Goto Fastenal and pick up threaded rod M 8 1.25 stack the block on top of the factory riser put nuts on the top .

get a lake effect 2.5 piviot riser it fits perfect on the machine just reroute the throtle cable under the bars and it is perfect stock pad fits over it and it is rugged as all get out. you will be happy with the product. also it is a piviot so if you want the bars a liitle back so hand guards dont hit the windshield.

yes that is exactly the one i have on my 2012 apex xtx took less then 15 min to install

pretty straight forward remove the 4 bolts pull up on bars put riser in where the bars were clamp it back down and put the bars in the riser and tighten it up unclip the throtle cable from the thumb throttle and reroute under the bars clip it back in and done.

I put on the 6" riser, started with the Lake Effect 4.5" but just wasn't enough, and ended up with the 6" riser, much better. I'm 6'1". Rerouted the throttle cable under the handlebar and everything else is A-OK.
Sitting or standing can't be beat, in my opinion! 2013 Apex XTX

This is the pivot adapter you will need:
http://www.lakeffectsnow.com/SecureCart ... er-3.0.htm

Allows you to retain the chrome ring around the post, and you can get everything in different colors to match or coordinate.

02 viper
that was replacing the stock riser correct?
This riser is added to stock riser you have already and maxes out the cables.

thor452 said:
02 viper
that was replacing the stock riser correct?
This riser is added to stock riser you have already and maxes out the cables.

Ahh yes, that was replacing both units, not just adding the pivot to the factory riser. You are correct.

Along with the pivot adapter, I added a 6" one of these setups:
http://www.lakeffectsnow.com/SecureCart ... lished.htm

right just about the same effect for less money with yours the piviot is on the botom and you added the riser on top of that so you bought two pices and i do like the look of that all pollished but for 85 shipped it was a no brainer for me.

Powermadd Universal Pivot Riser. I believe it is 3". Reroute the throttle under the bar and rock on. I did this on the Apex and the Phazer. They are roughly $50 shipped and add just the right height for this 6'2" rider. 15 minute install for any newbie too!

Pics of my install in this thread: http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... c&start=15

Thanks for the help guys, think I'm gonna take thor's advice and try the lakeeffect riser. Hope they ship to Canada. Wish me luck.

I'm 6'3" and am running an LE pivot riser that is 5" over stock. Err outed parking brake, brake line, and am using the stock throttle cable. Rode 242 miles today and it was .perfect. You'll REALLY like it once you have one!! Oh, this is on a 2011 Apex XTX. Kinda' forgot that LOL.

Back