• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2024 SNO Check.....146 or stick with 137

fatchance

Lifetime Member
Seriously considering SNO checking a new Winder, but not quite sure which direction I should go. Totally pleased with my 17' Winder wound up to 305hp with basically every imaginable after market dollar I could throw at it. That said the 17 is getting a little long in the tooth and who knows how much longer we'll be able to purchase these beasts. My gut says try something different in the 146 XTX LE, but my God, why should I pay that much money for a sled that doesn't have QS3R'S all around and no EPS to save $100 bucks! I mean the LTX LE is far sand above the best bang for the buck, but.,... I feel like if the XTX was equally equipped it would be a no brainer to go that route, but it's still not that simple. The XTX comes with a 1.6 Cobra track which if it was pre studded I would probly settle, but it isn't so now I'm faced with studding the 1.6 lug track with a 2" in. stud. At that point there's limited options for durable trail studs in that length. Everything else is equal since the mountain seat and high riser is a mute point because I stand 99.9% of the time unless I'm ripping the lake and the riser just won't be tall enough regardless of choice.

Just wondering if anyone else has this same dilemma and what they are thinking about doing and maybe some points that I haven't considered yet.

My Dad has an XTX LE. It is a great sled that rides really nices. It is absolute BS it doesn’t have EPS when the Cat version does.

I would not pass on the LTX LE for the XTX because the EPS. In my mind EPS is the only change that would warrant purchasing a new SW over my 2018.

You're right, this is my conundrum. I know the 137 is the better deal but my sled is meticulously maintained and still runs flawlessly so looking for a different ride. But is the 146 worth the concessions. Thinking the 146 will handle the washed out trails late in the day better than the 137. Plus the ability to go through the deep stuff more easily when the trails are drifted up after a big dump

Cat Riot 9000.
For a low price of $22,000 you could have this!

Cat Riot 9000.

Hey Tim buddy how's it going? So the Kitty has EPS with the 146 skid?

Cat Riot 9000.

That 9000 Riot is IMO the best looking sled out for 2024! I've always liked this color combo together.

That 9000 Riot is IMO the best looking sled out for 2024! I've always liked this color combo together.
Mike, to be honest I've been in the Bahamas for a week now and never even looked into the Cat release. Not a big fan of the Team clutching and my dealer of choice doesn't sell Kitty's. Will definitely give it a look more that you mention it. How's it going Bud? Hope you and the wife are well.

Mike, to be honest I've been in the Bahamas for a week now and never even looked into the Cat release. Not a big fan of the Team clutching and my dealer of choice doesn't sell Kitty's. Will definitely give it a look more that you mention it. How's it going Bud? Hope you and the wife are well.

Good here Steve thanks. Glad you and your better half are enjoying some warm weather. We just got back a few weeks ago from Florida and with some family down there at a wedding.

The Cat now has a pretty decent primary on them. Put a 240 2 bar SM tune on a guys Riot this year and he's really loving it. He coming from the PM tunes and got tired of the noise and all with his previous ThunderCats. It was under reving stock by quite a bit (82-8300 only) and the 240 brought it right into the window. He loves the EPS on it too.

That's good to hear Mike! Hmmm. Wonder if the Kitty Cat's are limited production like the Yami's?

That's good to hear Mike! Hmmm. Wonder if the Kitty Cat's are limited production like the Yami's?

Ya, I'm sure they will sell out if the're not already.

Have no clue on availability on the riots but liking ours so far, eps and iact are welcoming features and topped off with a quiet clutch and side panels that just fall into place. The adapt has alot of shift force and doesnt need alot of weight. Been experimenting all winter it feels with the clutching but have a few basic setups that are working decent, could have stopped at the first setup really but being these clutches are new to me I was curious to learn how they'd respond to big changes in either direction. Little over 2000 miles thus far and primary is mint and still quiet.
IMG_2798 2.JPG

They are hard to come by
My dealer moved a few tcats and mostly riots this season
It depends on what you ride in imo
Unless your off trail a 137 is hard to beat
Not saying the riot isn’t a great sled also but totally depends what you do with it.
for me it’s the 137 but everyone has they’re own likes and opinions

Back