• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 Mountain sleds

Well, hopefully cats intro goes better. Getting tired of the weight, thinking of a change. DOnt get me wrong, I love my sled but after riding with a pro all year is depressing to see how easy riding should really be.

rumor has it they are going to pull an "SE" and have another release...but, well who cares, unless it is RADICAL....The SE release was realistically just longer rails and different track...(longer)

I may also go 2-stroke for next year depending on what cat releases. I've taken a ton of weight off my Nytro and it hauls #*$&@ but the narrow width and lightweight of the 2-strokes just makes them handle so much better. The Pro is ridiculously easy to ride, I just don't like the tinfoil tunnels they come with.

thats 3 Alaskans with way too many hours on our sleds and the same opinion. I love my sled but its hard not to look at just how nice those pro's ride. I have been intrigued by cats engine since 2010 so if they put it in a sweet chassis I may have one.

Well caleb, i see a custom tunnel on a cat in our future, lol. :Rockon: The yammi has been great and never let me down thats for sure, however at the end of the day im beat when trying to chase these sleds through the woods. Not only from a riders perspective but also as a dealer its becoming amazingly hard to sell when a comparable 2 stroke is cheaper, lighter, more powerful, and easier to ride. Yeah sure it comes with the possibility of a super or turbo but even then at our altittude that still barely beats a m8 or m1 for the small kits. Dont get me wrong, im a yammi diehard, however they are making it easier and easier on me and others to consider jumping ship. I understand the mountain segment is a small portion of their market but until they start taking it serious instead of throwing a longer track on the same sled as a the xtx i think i will be riding something else. My .02

The polaris pro goes for 11,500 and so does the cat, the hcr and assault is a bit more but i believe they are 12499 which would still be 400 cheaper than the 162 mtx, however the 153 is 12,499(mtx)

I assume you guys have seen these snaps of what appears to be the new cats. March 8th they are out.....

Attachments

• MONEY SHOT.jpg
    MONEY SHOT.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 85
  • MONEY SHOT1.jpg
    MONEY SHOT1.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 93
Well, make me the 4th Alaskan to be thinking about something different. Do not get me wrong I love my Nytro, and am money ahead compared to a new one. But as I am getting older and even though sleds are getting lighter, they are all getting heavier at the end of the day.

There are some good deals to be had, on close outs of this years cats to be had.

My mind is not made up yet, but really considering a M6 for the kiddo.

M8 or Pro 800 for me, will have to see. My wife likes my Nytro, so it may be the backup sled.

I do have friends that work at a Polaris Dealer and they have said, that compared to the IQ, the Pro has been a really good sled.

None available in stores, might be a good sign.

OK, done....Next to the mic.

If there is to be a new sled in the stable for me it will be for the other half. She likes the feel the of ski doo but i like the pro better it may be pro 600 next year. The only thing I did not like about the pro is the narrow boards and they seem a bit weak.

With the money I have in my nytro it is not worth selling. Sad that I had to invest that kind of money when that is the way it should have been. I wish I would have a 2010 or newer still but not worth buy at this point now my 08 is paid for.

I was sure hoping for more power out of the nytro. The 163 horse Apex motor would be nice to have in there!!!

mmmmhhhh ... I want to go against the tide ...

I don't consider a big news that the 2 strokes are lighter and easier to handle than any 4 stroke.
Also my old rmk '01 was light and easy.
The new PRO is light ... but also in 2010 all 2 stroke was lighter

And I don't think that the Yamaha slow answer to the requests of a part of the market is different from other producers.
How long has the Polaris to provide a reliable engine (assuming this one it is)? And the Ski-Doo and Articat?
Xp/xr, iq and M chassis, although updated, are all new each 2/3 years?

The problem, in my opinion, is me ...

I realized that the love for my snowmobile, motorcycle or car falls after 2 or 3 years (as a toy that became boring) ... but the cycle for the manufacturer is 4 or 5 years.

So yesterday my sled was the best but now no more ...
Nytro in 2008 broke the patterns presenting something really new ... Today we got bored and we love the Polaris (which is certainly innovative) but we forget that we said till yesterday that they were not able to make engines, frames and bla bla

The Nytro, despite its obvious defects, and age is still the most innovative mountain sled because it is the only 4-stroke

Me too I'm impressed by the new RMK ... but will buy another brand when Polaris, Skidoo and Articat will be brave enough to propose a 4 stroke mountain sled that run as well and fits at least as my Nytro

Yamaha is brave and reliable because carry on, against troubles, the only and the biggest innovation in the sled industry.

My english is poor and is not my intention to slam the choice of others riders ... just try to explain my 4 stroke choice

:yam:

ok dear Yamaha ... my account number is ... :tg:

Back