• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 Turbo nytro questions.

Snowednytro

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2012 Yamaha nytro mtx 190HP turbo 162” timbersled skid
Hello everyone been around this site and the totallyamaha site for a long time. Had a build thread call summer build with an 01 mountain max on there.....well things have changed slightly and I traded two mint mountain Max’s for an mcxpress rear mounted 2012 nytro with 4000km. I am new to the whole turbo game.
Couple question for you guys.

Just wondering what are some of the bigger maintenance items on the turbo nytro I should be doing?

Can I do the engine brake delete through clutching like I have done on a non turbo set up.

Has stock front end but will definitely be looking for a +forward and 34”ish wide front end.

Any other set up tips greatly appreciated!

I should also mention It’s a 162” mtx nytro......I am in bc so all mountain riding for me.

Hey also wondering with the mcxpress turbo set up. Does it have a “built in” roll over valve in it or is that something I need to put in after the fact?

The turbo system really doesn't need any extra maintenance IMO, it's a pretty solid unit. There is no built in roll over valve. If the sled is a 2012 I'm guessing it has the newer style MCX turbo kit. Theres a cavity in the top of the intercooler that oil will drain into if the sled is rolled and subsequently run out of the breather that comes off the intercooler. I put a 4-stroke solutions roll over kit on mine this year, VERY nice kit. The close off valve should be mounted on the breather line that comes out of the top of the intercooler, right side of the sled, the forward most hose coming out of the top of the intercooler, it's just vented to atmosphere. Do not put it in the hose that comes out of the top of the oil tank.

The turbo system really doesn't need any extra maintenance IMO, it's a pretty solid unit. There is no built in roll over valve. If the sled is a 2012 I'm guessing it has the newer style MCX turbo kit. Theres a cavity in the top of the intercooler that oil will drain into if the sled is rolled and subsequently run out of the breather that comes off the intercooler. I put a 4-stroke solutions roll over kit on mine this year, VERY nice kit. The close off valve should be mounted on the breather line that comes out of the top of the intercooler, right side of the sled, the forward most hose coming out of the top of the intercooler, it's just vented to atmosphere. Do not put it in the hose that comes out of the top of the oil tank.

Good to know thanks for the reply. This is a wicked sled. And I love the turbo set up. I do believe it was the factory installed MCxpress kit offered in 2012.

I have Rolled it a couple times on separate occasions and noticed no oil coming out, and I know it doesn’t have a roll over valve. So must be a bit of oil in top of inter cooler then. So another question. I guess if I put that roll over valve on that hose that comes out of the intercooler. Where does the oil go if it is just sitting in the top of the inter cooler cavity? Does it just stay there? Or drain back into the the system?

I just ordered a 34”+3 kit from mountain tech I am very excited to get.

The oil drains back into the engine for sure, and I'm pretty sure it goes into the head through a fitting in the valve cover.

I've read good things about those mountain tech kits. I'd be interested in trying one but mine already has the Z-bros front end which I'm luke warm about.

Yea the turbo is fun! I've been strugging with some issues with mine all season. MAY have it finally figured out but hoping I can get up for a test run yet this weekend. I've had the sled 2 full seasons now and only have gotten a half season out of it working like it should. #$%&*

The oil drains back into the engine for sure, and I'm pretty sure it goes into the head through a fitting in the valve cover.

I've read good things about those mountain tech kits. I'd be interested in trying one but mine already has the Z-bros front end which I'm luke warm about.

Yea the turbo is fun! I've been strugging with some issues with mine all season. MAY have it finally figured out but hoping I can get up for a test run yet this weekend. I've had the sled 2 full seasons now and only have gotten a half season out of it working like it should. #$%&*

Ah to bad! ya I just got mine end of February been great so far. I am thinking of doing a video of the sled with the mountain tech a arms once they are installed. I don’t see hardly anything on the net with them on it. I have heard lots of good things though.

Another thing..... not sure how many people are watching this thread but has anyone tried the Munster finger throttle or tried flipping there throttle around for mountain riding? I rode my brother in-laws skidoo 850 with the Munster and absolutely loved it.

I have never tried a Munster throttle. I can’t imagine using one either cause when the boost comes on it’s crazy and you are just trying to hang on for dear life. Not grab a fist full off throttle. I do have a gold finger and I could not drive this tank without one.

Another thing..... not sure how many people are watching this thread but has anyone tried the Munster finger throttle or tried flipping there throttle around for mountain riding? I rode my brother in-laws skidoo 850 with the Munster and absolutely loved it.
I ride the munster on 270 nytro love it will never go back. Way easier to hold on to. Munster doesn't make one for nytro so I had to modify a bit to get it to work. Also our throttle throw is shorter then other sleds so have to place a spring between block and lever to take up the rattle.

I ride the munster on 270 nytro love it will never go back. Way easier to hold on to. Munster doesn't make one for nytro so I had to modify a bit to get it to work. Also our throttle throw is shorter then other sleds so have to place a spring between block and lever to take up the rattle.

Ah ok that’s sweet! Do you have any pics? I figured I wasn’t the only one that thought of this?? Or the only one still riding a Nytro lol. I actually flipped my throttle around end of last year and got one ride on it and it felt really good. If you can, post some pics on this thread. Do you have anything else done to your nytro? Front end or anything?

I think so somewhere. Have to remind me how to upload pics on here tho. Mine is frankensled. Almost everything been changed and modified. had a thread on here before I think, Another frankensled nytro or something like that.

I think so somewhere. Have to remind me how to upload pics on here tho. Mine is frankensled. Almost everything been changed and modified. had a thread on here before I think, Another frankensled nytro or something like that.

Oh man. I have been lusting after that nytro for a long time! So cool. I just upload pics from my phone basically does it for me.

Well I hate to say it my dear friends of ty4stroke but I have sold my beloved nytro for......dare I say.... well I think you all now where I am going with this. The turning point was when I went riding with 6 skidoo xms. As I twisted,turned, turbo’d my way through the trees wrestling every 650lb of that faithful nytro. As they danced and swayed through the trees like they were 160lbs lighter...... which they were. I ended up picking up a very low km 2013 m800. Thanks everyone for the info on this thread that helped me navigate my nytro journey. A special shout out to @Riley Cloarec and @zxforever for the help with my nytro and the honest opinions.

Well I kinda wondered if you would jump ship. But keep your eye open for a done up turbo viper. You will miss the power and you are riding a ticking time bomb.
:4STroke:

Back