• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2013 sled preview

"The first of our new 2013 model lineup to be announced."

Rest of the lineup to be released March 2nd. Thanks for the release Yami! Nothing new there with that "Big Release!"

Wow, I think the marketing dept should get blasted for this. That is not a variant model, it is something that you can buy now! Changing skis, a track, shocks and refining the front end is something that should be done yearly, not to be hyped up as a new model. This must be some kind of joke.

What the hell is this about????

Yamaha Snowmobiles, USA
Standby for a live announcement at 11:45 central. Watch us on the ustream tab!
LikeUnlike · · Share · about a minute ago via mobile ·

This is funny sh.., the 1.75 track have been stock on all nytros except the mtx model here in Norway and Sweden for the last 2 years. This have to be a big JOKE !!

I like the Blacked out front end and thats it!

img.jpg

img.jpg

Yamaha's Facebook page now says there will be a live announcement at 11:45ctc. They could be pulling something here, but I am not holding my breath. If they announce this "variant" live over there, I can't imagine it getting a warmer reception than here.

hearnoevil said:

Yamaha Snowmobiles, USA
where did you see this at ...im standingby

09nytro said:
hearnoevil said:

Yamaha Snowmobiles, USA
where did you see this at ...im standingby
Facebook

Yamaha Snowmobile's page on Facebook

As for the speculation about the kiddie sled, I bet it's nothing more than a 120 mini and not even close to a 3/4 sled with enough hp or track length to be trail worthy. Disappointed to say the least.

Personally, I think Yamaha has known it needs to improve its lineup since Cat introduced its new chassis last year, but the economy, devalued dollar to yen, the earthquake and poor sales are just a few reasons why I don't believe Yamaha has invested in retooling for 2013. If you read between the lines of the sledtalk blog, you can probably predict what's in store for March 2 ... BNG and not much more. I guess the XTX 1.75 is the "new model variant".

As I've stated, Yamaha knows it is behind the eight-ball, and that it will take a significant investment to retool in order to keep pace with the innovation being offered by the other OEMs (just look at what Polaris is bringing to the table with its Pro RMK). I love the quality of the Yamaha build, but I gotta say I'll be looking seriously at other brands this spring.

Back