• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2013 XTX vs 2014 Rush Pro R 800

Koke1

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2013 Nytro XTX
Finally got to line up with a few of my friends Polaris 800s up in Solon Springs, WI over the weekend. I was pleasantly surprised that not once did I loose to the Polaris. They said Id have them by a sled length and then I just kept pulling away. I thought the opposite would happen. Figured I would holeshot them bad and then they'd blow by me. Shocked my die hard Polaris buddies, not to mention one them blew their chaincase on the trip. Really happy with this Yamaha 1600 miles so far with zero issues!

my wife and i both smoke my buddies 800SBA, its not even a race..him this season..new injectors, 4 sets of plugs, and a belt..both our nytros..$0.00..lol..he does do better in the powder tho..I will give it that..but trail or straight line a yamaha is out front..

I was just sure the horsepower of the 800 would win top end. Couldn't believe I was pulling away because I hear a lot of talk on this site that the nytro has no top end. I must have got a fast one.... mine seems to do pretty good lol.

Also, I just picked up this sled as a new leftover in October and it has zero mods!

800r

My 08 was modded up pretty good. Had the Ulmer stage #8 kit, 136 cobra track, studded etc. My buddys 800r is clutched and piped and works well also. Out of the hole he would pull me by about 4 . From a rolling start it was even and then i would slowly pull away above 90mph. The polaris has huge holeshot grip.

we both ran him, about 5 times, 1000-1300ft, all 5 times he saw yami tail lights..he has a helmet cam, and had it on..the videos are on my fb page..i tried to save them off fb and it wouldnt let me..Im a little reluctant to have the world invited to my FB page as business associates and family view my page.. but if you can be respectful shoot me a pm and ill give you a friends request..I am trying to get him to put them on youtube but he is out of town till monday..next week..

im not sure the viper has the top end that a nytro has..i ran one down on a nice fast trail, he tried to get away..i had no problem staying with viper..now his buddy on the apex..yea, that guy was gone!!!!lol

...the nytros do beat the Viper pretty badly well a nitro xtx does anyway. I lined up with the pro r 800 over and over again. I didn't flat out smoke him but it wasn't a tough victory at any point and the further we ran the more I gained. I like the pro R 800 but its fun for wheelies and that's about it lol. my brother has a 2011 renegade e tec 800 and ride with guys with the cat 800rr and like ive stated on here before they beat me pretty badly on top end...the Polaris not so much. Im guessing Polaris will come out with a mill with more hp soon.

Nice! when we raced it was a much longer hard packed stretch. wide open long enough that I was a little concerned about a motor popping lol. I just kept pulling away on them. 1600 miles on now and I can tell im starting to get more top end..must take awhile for these four strokes to loosen up.

Yes, they were 1000ft-1300ft runs..you can hold it to the bar all day long, dont worry about that motor at all..

Back