• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2014 / 15 Newberry Area Conditions

I rode 250 out of newberry yesterday. Started 2.5 miles north of town, rode north to Grand Maria, the trails are groomed, 2 bare spots on the trail, bare dirt on road Grand Maria, The trails were all frozen soil in the morning. Next I headed to the Bear Trap taking the Lake shore trail 8?, This trail had lots of ice in the corners & a couple bare spots, but still one of my favorites, then onto trail 8 rail road grade that was groomed flat, couldn't believe how nice it was actually. The gas station in melstrain was closed! Next to Muni on the 8 that was all good except in shingleton , bare in town crossing the road. Took a little ride south On the 7 trial before returning to Muni for gas. I saw several selds on the 7 riding south, The section I rode looked to be holding up well. I took the 8 to seney before cutting off to newberry, 8,88,431 were all in good shape, these trails were now a little softer in the after noon along with some traffic helping loosening the trial up. The trails were MUCH better in the afternoon then in the morning for lube, Very hard conditions in the morning. Driving home in the truck I noticed getting through newberry would be difficult. The trails looked to be ridable south to trout lake. Trout lake was thin on snow, Much better to the north.

Thanks LoneRider! Yeah things are in a downward spiral right now. I'm gunna hold off until tomorrow before giving a report for this upcoming weekend, there is a good chance of some accumulation so I'm going to wait and see...

Edit: I forgot to mention the TASA groomers are down for major repairs (the Deere has an electrical issue and the New Holland has tranny issues) so they are done grooming for the season. Trails are still open but...

3-30-2015

We got roughly 3-6" of wet heavy yesterday along with some serious wind (enough to drift the snow to a foot deep in my driveway in places). With the next several days having daytime highs above freezing and the sun getting more and more intense, I don't think this new found snow is going to last long. The trails are still open until April 1st but, as I eluded to in my post above, they are no longer grooming the TASA trails (#9, #45, and #2), so they will be rough at best.

4-6-2015

Well we still have tons of snow but with the warm days and cold nights, it's all rock hard! With no real snow in the forecast, and the trails across private closed, I'm calling it a season (as much as it pains me). It was a cold one for sure. See you all next year!

Thanks for your reports throughout the season Stu, very much appreciated! Have a nice summer!

Back