• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2014 Vector Top Speed

Have you ran your Sidewinder along side of the Vector and checked the speedo?

Have you ran your Sidewinder along side of the Vector and checked the speedo?
I have not but I know that the Vector reads higher. The 2012+ Vector should read around 6% high. I have never checked my Sidewinder against a GPS but I believe they are very close. 100mph on the speedo on the Sidewinder is likely around 98mph on GPS.

I was thinking that it might be faster than you think . If you compare it to something you know is close . My Vector shorty has 6k on it and only a soft start spring and it keeps up to my brothers 1200 skidoo. I have not run it against my 1200 but my Vector feels totally different when accelerating. The 1200 feels more explosive but the Vector is sneaky fast .

I was thinking that it might be faster than you think . If you compare it to something you know is close . My Vector shorty has 6k on it and only a soft start spring and it keeps up to my brothers 1200 skidoo. I have not run it against my 1200 but my Vector feels totally different when accelerating. The 1200 feels more explosive but the Vector is sneaky fast .
The 136 studded Ripsaw 2 track and the need to run it loose is definitely scrubbing off some of her speed. The sled used to top out at 96mph on the speedo when it had a studded stock 121" Ripsaw track.

Our season here is done, so no more testing. In the offseason, I'm going to replace both clutch springs, inspect rollers and weights, check driveshaft and jackshaft bearing, clean clutches and check alignment.

I checked the secondary slides tonight and they look good.

The 136 studded Ripsaw 2 track and the need to run it loose is definitely scrubbing off some of her speed. The sled used to top out at 96mph on the speedo when it had a studded stock 121" Ripsaw track.
My wife's LTX has no problem running 100+ with studs.

My wife's LTX has no problem running 100+ with studs.
Right... but yours doesn't need the track to run loose. That's where the big difference is. Plus, the speeds I am talking about are on typical groomed trails, not a harder/firmer terrain.

Right... but yours doesn't need the track to run loose. That's where the big difference is. Plus, the speeds I am talking about are on typical groomed trails, not a harder/firmer terrain.
Groomed trail. Track runs a little loose also.

I run nearly the same. Also have Excell wheel kit and a homemade clutch kit that works great.

I just ordered an LTX rear arm, rear drop brackets and the rear uppers wheels with mounts to fully make this a true LTX skid. Hopefully that makes a difference.

Back