• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2014 viper with possible engine damage??? Looking for advice

UPDATE
I think I gotter fixed. I took the whole thing apart and when I took the intercooler out it had a shitload of oil in it and the turbo pipe. I drained and cleaned it all out. While the gastank was out I did a leakdown test and passed with flying colours. So then I drained the oil out completely and put back in about 2.8L or halfway up the sight glass. I started it back up with the turbo line out to the side in case oil shot outta there. Fired it up and it idled nicely. Took it for a rip like that down the driveway and it was good no oil. Then put it all back together on Friday night late and drove it Saturday and Sunday and put about 15 kms on it so far and no issues. So I’m thinking it was just too full of oil because after I put the 2.8L back in I had about 1.2L left over.

I’m going to run a tank of gas thru it staying close to home to see how it run. In case something happens.

But things are looking good. Picked up sled super cheap as previous owner thought it was a bad motor but now looking like just was over filled with oil

UPDATE
I think I gotter fixed. I took the whole thing apart and when I took the intercooler out it had a shitload of oil in it and the turbo pipe. I drained and cleaned it all out. While the gastank was out I did a leakdown test and passed with flying colours. So then I drained the oil out completely and put back in about 2.8L or halfway up the sight glass. I started it back up with the turbo line out to the side in case oil shot outta there. Fired it up and it idled nicely. Took it for a rip like that down the driveway and it was good no oil. Then put it all back together on Friday night late and drove it Saturday and Sunday and put about 15 kms on it so far and no issues. So I’m thinking it was just too full of oil because after I put the 2.8L back in I had about 1.2L left over.

I’m going to run a tank of gas thru it staying close to home to see how it run. In case something happens.

But things are looking good. Picked up sled super cheap as previous owner thought it was a bad motor but now looking like just was over filled with oil
Thats awesome!

Back