• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 Apex XTX 144" -> 146" Track

o's srx

Lifetime Member
I'm just wondering if anyone with a 2011 or newer Apex XTX has swapped out the drivers on the driveshaft and switch to the 2.86 drives?
If you have, what did it take and what did you use so it work using the original skid using a 146" track.

I’ve got 2.86 pitch drivers on my Nytro with a Mono II skid and 137” track. I’m out of movement on the track adjusters, can’t make the skid any longer stock. It’s worked out fine, but just. I don’t think there’s any way you can make up 2” track length difference with the factory adjusters. Now I suppose you could add larger rear wheels to take up some more of the track length, but it would be an experiment.

you could always use larger diameter rear wheels to take up the slack. i might be putting the 144 suspension in my 16 if i cannot get it to transfer like my 11 does.

you could always use larger diameter rear wheels to take up the slack. i might be putting the 144 suspension in my 16 if i cannot get it to transfer like my 11 does.
That was going to be my next move if I couldn’t take up enough of the track slack with the factory adjusters. I may still do this if I decide to stud it next year. I don’t like running the track very loose with all that extra weight flying around back there. Lol

Back