• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 Viper Info

2016 viper will have a blue tunnel, white plastic and orange graphics. and a 1.75 track with 2 more wheels in the rear suspension. CANT WAIT SOOO EXCITED!

A quote from Am Snow!

American Snowmobiler Newsletter - February 11, 2014‏

While discussing the 2015 newly released Yamaha sleds Am Snow stated.

"There is also a new ECU map in all the Viper sleds including one that is calibrated for the mountains and the YVXR clutch system is paired with it for max response."

My words follow!

Hopefully this will correct all of the little glitches of 2014 and be provided as an update to the 2014 sleds.

tator said:
2016 viper will have a blue tunnel, white plastic and orange graphics. and a 1.75 track with 2 more wheels in the rear suspension. CANT WAIT SOOO EXCITED!

Lol...right on. But you ain't lying! It might also come with a 1.7.125 track too! :die

2008 Nytro RTX said:
I think im going to snowcheck n rtx le

wHAAAAAT really you like that! Remember Denver got there asses kicked in the Super Bowl!

Looks like the ugly graphics I saw at the 2014 showing in Mpls where they had some Vipers with custom graphics off to the side. Not impressed with them at all. YUK!!...The Apex is still there but now has one color/graphics option across the board. Pretty lame. What happened to this all new sled I have been hearing about for the last 3 years? It's always next year....next year.....

Tator and yamahatim too funny!!
If they had a red xtx with the LE features I'd snow check one but blue/orange isn't doin it!
How many used vipers are gonna come up now? Would anyone trade up for the new features?

hardcor_32 said:
Tator and yamahatim too funny!!
If they had a red xtx with the LE features I'd snow check one but blue/orange isn't doin it!
How many used vipers are gonna come up now? Would anyone trade up for the new features?

I agree, you should get all the options as the LE just not the color. The blue and red ones are not that bad. They should have a spring order with a CHOICE of color. Then a LTX SE with the same features as the spring order except the colors. And the RTX LE has the Evols on there, but the same rear skid as I have. At least in the RR you get way better shocks in the skid. Weird. They should also have a LTX SE with a heated seat. It's not like ditch bangers or jumpers or big bump people don't have to ride in the cold too. I mean my #*$&@ gets cold! When it's -30 below a #*$&@ warmer would be nice! Should come with the sled!

I just bought the last 2014 Viper from my dealer. I pick it up Friday.

My wife rode my standard Viper last week and loved it, now I've got to sweeten the suspension on the new 2014 LTX SE a bit.

If it wasn't for that 12 mile ride on the LTX my wife would be out of snowmobiling. It's good to see her back in the game!

TestMaster said:
I just bought the last 2014 Viper from my dealer. I pick it up Friday.

My wife rode my standard Viper last week and loved it, now I've got to sweeten the suspension on the new 2014 LTX SE a bit.

If it wasn't for that 12 mile ride on the LTX my wife would be out of snowmobiling. It's good to see her back in the game!

That's awesome! I love going with my wife, plus it's cool to see them get excited. My wife has surpassed the ability of the Vector. So hopefully we will be getting a new one next year. She likes the red LTX DX. So that's cool. My wife is fine with a 300 mile day. We are leaving tomorrow for a five day trip. I can't wait!

I'm really glad I pulled the trigger on my Viper last year and didn't wait another year for the all new sled that's pure Yamaha. I love my Viper and I'm starting to believe that anything all new from Yamaha is right up there with bigfoot, unicorns and other imaginary creatures.

sxr70001 said:
I'm really glad I pulled the trigger on my Viper last year and didn't wait another year for the all new sled that's pure Yamaha. I love my Viper and I'm starting to believe that anything all new from Yamaha is right up there with bigfoot, unicorns and other imaginary creatures.

Lol...right on. Ya I stopped listening to that a few years ago. The Viper is a sweet sled. Just a few little things to change. Except the COLOR! And maybe a med. on the warmers.

YamahaTim said:
2008 Nytro RTX said:

wHAAAAAT really you like that! Remember Denver got there asses kicked in the Super Bowl!

I love the blue and orange and the motocross inspired graphics. Just needs more power and less weight. The 1.7 track is from cats snow x and some xc snopros if your wondering. Its a very good track. Much better than the cobra. Just cant grasp the prices. I can get an indy 800 with a full shock package, track, skis, etc.. And have enough to rebuild motor twice and still not cost as much as one of these.

devinzz1 said:
YamahaTim said:
2008 Nytro RTX said:

I love the blue and orange and the motocross inspired graphics. Just needs more power and less weight. The 1.7 track is from cats snow x and some xc snopros if your wondering. Its a very good track. Much better than the cobra. Just cant grasp the prices. I can get an indy 800 with a full shock package, track, skis, etc.. And have enough to rebuild motor twice and still not cost as much as one of these.

I like my Cobra track! But I knew that I just think it's a weird combo. And it is spendy, but oh well it's what I love to do! I just love the 1049 so I figured I would throw a turbo on it and call it good. Ya I'll have to work a lot this summer, but it's worth it! The Indy with some work could be pretty cool too!

Back