• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 Viper Info

devinzz1 said:
YamahaTim said:
2008 Nytro RTX said:
I think im going to snowcheck n rtx le

wHAAAAAT really you like that! Remember Denver got there asses kicked in the Super Bowl!

I love the blue and orange and the motocross inspired graphics. Just needs more power and less weight. The 1.7 track is from cats snow x and some xc snopros if your wondering. Its a very good track. Much better than the cobra. Just cant grasp the prices. I can get an indy 800 with a full shock package, track, skis, etc.. And have enough to rebuild motor twice and still not cost as much as one of these.

I like my Cobra track! But I knew that I just think it's a weird combo. And it is spendy, but oh well it's what I love to do! I just love the 1049 so I figured I would throw a turbo on it and call it good. Ya I'll have to work a lot this summer, but it's worth it! The Indy with some work could be pretty cool too!

It's been said before and I will say it again, Yamaha needs to hire Don (VX1R) to detail their machines:

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

As for the new Vipers: The white/blue looks OK, the red one would be fine except for the HUGE VIPER LOGO on the side, the black one I would strip it and do my own graphics kit, the orange I would just plain pass on.

There are so many good outfits that do graphics. Whoever Yamaha hired for these I would fire them immediately.

YamahaTim said:
TestMaster said:
I just bought the last 2014 Viper from my dealer. I pick it up Friday.

My wife rode my standard Viper last week and loved it, now I've got to sweeten the suspension on the new 2014 LTX SE a bit.

If it wasn't for that 12 mile ride on the LTX my wife would be out of snowmobiling. It's good to see her back in the game!

That's awesome! I love going with my wife, plus it's cool to see them get excited. My wife has surpassed the ability of the Vector. So hopefully we will be getting a new one next year. She likes the red LTX DX. So that's cool. My wife is fine with a 300 mile day. We are leaving tomorrow for a five day trip. I can't wait!

Enjoy the trip!

Between physical therapy and the Viper hope to see a 150 mile day yet with her this year. She's going to have to work to get up to a 300 mile day, going to the UP would make that ride easier! Too many turns, narrow trails and traffic around here. But the local clubs and groomers are working that every year. It used to be the trails were also very rough but during week day rides it's difficult to find those bumps anymore. Even the weekends are pretty good lately.

We are going northern Minnesota. Her parents live up there so I can park my truck there and back pack it for a few days. We don't really stop that much except to eat poop and fuel up...lol...we take pictures and all that. But we don't drink and ride at all so no reason for bar hopping. We really enjoy riding and seeing new things and places. We have been up there before, but we will try and hit different trails. Took her last year to WY in the Big Horns and she had a blast. I have video of her going up some pretty steep hills with her Vector. It was way cool! I'm getting pretty old so pretty soon I'll need a sit down sled. But not yet! It was a perfect trip. We put on 800 or so miles in 3 1/2 days. Really nice there. It would suck if she didn't like it though, because every time I went somewhere I would get yelled at...lol...now it's just sad eyes if I go with out her. But she knows how much I love it. I work like 15 hour days in the summer so I can have all winter off. That's why I post so much. If I'm not snowmobiling I want to talk about it. :sled1: :jump:

YamahaTim said:
We are going northern Minnesota. Her parents live up there so I can park my truck there and back pack it for a few days. We don't really stop that much except to eat poop and fuel up...lol...we take pictures and all that. But we don't drink and ride at all so no reason for bar hopping. We really enjoy riding and seeing new things and places. We have been up there before, but we will try and hit different trails. Took her last year to WY in the Big Horns and she had a blast. I have video of her going up some pretty steep hills with her Vector. It was way cool! I'm getting pretty old so pretty soon I'll need a sit down sled. But not yet! It was a perfect trip. We put on 800 or so miles in 3 1/2 days. Really nice there. It would suck if she didn't like it though, because every time I went somewhere I would get yelled at...lol...now it's just sad eyes if I go with out her. But she knows how much I love it. I work like 15 hour days in the summer so I can have all winter off. That's why I post so much. If I'm not snowmobiling I want to talk about it. :sled1: :jump:

Sent a brief PM.

TestMaster said:
I just bought the last 2014 Viper from my dealer. I pick it up Friday.

My wife rode my standard Viper last week and loved it, now I've got to sweeten the suspension on the new 2014 LTX SE a bit.

If it wasn't for that 12 mile ride on the LTX my wife would be out of snowmobiling. It's good to see her back in the game!

I agree, girlfriend was getting tired os snowmobiling riding the old boosted Phazer. One ride on the Viper in the dealers parking lot and she had to have it. Nice to see her WANT to go!

YamahaTim said:

I really hope you just missed a comma there......or I am never having lunch with you! :tg:

stingray719 said:
YamahaTim said:

I really hope you just missed a comma there......or I am never having lunch with you! :tg:

LMAO :jump: Now that is funny!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but besides the spindles, slide rails, and a little stripe on the seat, most of the orange is just stickers. Looks like it has a black tunnel too. Peel those stickers off and you have an almost black-n-blue sled.

newfie09xtx said:
stingray719 said:
YamahaTim said:

LMAO :jump: Now that is funny!

OMG! ROTFLMAO!!!

The White and Blue RTX LE is exactly what I would want. I love my Viper RTX SE but I upgraded the front suspension to the RC2s and am looking for a 1.5-1.6 inch track. I also think the new white and blue is a much better looking sled then the '14 blue. I am actually considering trying to sell my '14 and spring order a White an Blue '15. Its exactly what I want in a snowmobile and no Graphics kit is needed for it.

jedwards89 said:
The White and Blue RTX LE is exactly what I would want. I love my Viper RTX SE but I upgraded the front suspension to the RC2s and am looking for a 1.5-1.6 inch track. I also think the new white and blue is a much better looking sled then the '14 blue. I am actually considering trying to sell my '14 and spring order a White an Blue '15. Its exactly what I want in a snowmobile and no Graphics kit is needed for it.

this is also my favorite new color combo. but still have the dog ear windshields. only new colors. weird. the only way i would have traded is if there was a factory turbo option. but i like my 14. wish i had the new skis, ecu update,and a 1.7 track on my ltx se

Attachments

• DSC00654.JPG
    DSC00654.JPG
    625.1 KB · Views: 109
  • DSC00647.JPG
    DSC00647.JPG
    629.1 KB · Views: 104
this is also my favorite new color combo. but still have the dog ear windshields. only new colors. weird. the only way i would have traded is if there was a factory turbo option. but i like my 14. wish i had the new skis, ecu update,and a 1.7 track on my ltx se[/quote]

tator:

I like the windshield. Does it have "Arctic Cat" stamped/scribbed on it in any area? I'm considering purchasing one, but do not want to promote a Cat windshield on a Yamaha.

Thanks in advance.

Back