• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 Yamaha Viper LTX LE

Apex2006RTX

Extreme
Hi I just purchased a 2015 Viper LTX Le. Loved the colours so had to have it but would have rather to have the xtx but this late in the season had to settle for the ltx. Anyways love the handling but have a few questions 1) When the temp light finely goes out I find the sled to have a "sputter" for a while, is this normal 2) Would this sled need the new reflash and if so can the dealer make me pay as I did not buy from my local dealer so I could get the colour I wanted? Seems this may have been a earlier production as it still as the sight glass and is that a recall also...Thanks

As it breaks in hopefully the stutter will go away. If your sled is starting well skip the reflash till everyone is happy with it. No there should be no charge if you decide to get reflash at any Yamaha dealer. Yamaha pays dealer. No the oil tank is not a update or recall. Have fun with your new sled.

Wouldn't hurt to double check and have the dealer make sure the fuel line and reverse update is done, but I'd say definitely hold off on getting the ecu update..unless your sled starts terrible, if it starts good then just go with it, but be sure the other 2 updates are done.

Back