• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 MTX tie rod hitting A arm?

did you get the shocks shortened? i tried the 38'' shocks and all was good until i made a full turn with the skis off the ground

Yup I am using the shortened shocks. Never tried the longer ones from my 38" kit. But yes full turn with skis off the ground they hit. Even at rest the left side is close. The right side is not really an issue. I think there is a casting mistake on the left spindle and mounted lower than right. Not 100% though.

could it be that something on that side of the sled is bent or tweaked? my 2015 with 36'' kit is not even close to touching without the skis off the ground.

you need to shorten your shocks again
I tried to put my kit on with 38" kit shocks and the left side hits the bottom a-arm

I have the shortened shocks though already so I did not need to shorten my shocks I had on the 38" kit. My longer shocks are removed and the proper ones are installed. The shocks I have running are off a 2016 viper mtx le. So everything should be the same.

Can check on my 2016 Mtx during this weekend.

Back