• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 RUMORS.......

We are due for an Apex replacement. Love my 2011 SE, but would like to see a new version with more forward seating, do without power steering, exup, more power, and of course the 4-banger. They could go to direct injection, variable cam timing, 4-valve head. Increase the displacement to 11 or 1150 and leave it N/A.

At the Old Forge Show two weeks ago, I asked the "Yamaha" reps what is in store for the Apex, and his response was, "I'm not a mind reader for Yamaha!" Just enjoy talking to these informative bunch.

At the Old Forge Show two weeks ago, I asked the "Yamaha" reps what is in store for the Apex, and his response was, "I'm not a mind reader for Yamaha!" Just enjoy talking to these informative bunch.

"reps" only represent the products that are presented to them, the only ones with inside knowledge are engineers and company executives.

I don't see them leaving snowmobiles.

Their ATV/UTV/Motorcross/Watercraft Are all strong competitors. Brand loyalty is very important and you will find very high percentages of us users that are into powersports that participate in several of their markets. Lose a reliable customer because you sent them to Poo or AC or BRP for their new toy there is a good chance you lose the rest. Many times a manufacturer will keep a run flat break even division going just to augment another division. This is especially true for Japanese manufacturers, they don't tend to be nearly as knee-jerk as board driven western companies.

I would not be surprised to see them do more corroboration here to avoid all the importing and shipping costs or buy/build a new plant and move manufacturing here.
Tell me of this ""BRAND LOYALTY"" which you speak Sir !!:rofl:

We are due for an Apex replacement. Love my 2011 SE, but would like to see a new version with more forward seating, do without power steering, exup, more power, and of course the 4-banger. They could go to direct injection, variable cam timing, 4-valve head. Increase the displacement to 11 or 1150 and leave it N/A.

Direct Injection?

If yamaha was smart they would buy team fast and be done with it there motors where never a issue the chassi was never a issue was always the ride. Different suspension turns the yami into a whole new animal

Direct Injection- place the fuel injectors right in the cylinder head. Some of the car makers have this feature. More power with less fuel.

If yamaha was smart they would buy team fast and be done with it there motors where never a issue the chassi was never a issue was always the ride. Different suspension turns the yami into a whole new animal
X10!!! I could not agree more. The sled has THE best motor in a sled today for the investment .....hands down! the suspension is the only thing that is keeping the Apex that most think is out dated and needs to go from feeling like it should really be. Im not waving my flag for Fast but I have a M10 on my apex and will tell you I can not find a reason to buy a new sled what so ever. The sled feels nothing like it did prior to adding the new skid and really cant believe as smart some the folks here on this site are do not see this! Yamaha IMO really does not have to "reinvent" there sled they are just maybe overlooking just one thing that takes the sled to another level.Yes the sled is heavy compared to others so it should have the finishing touch put on it... A suspension that is built for the sled, The skid in the Yamaha (except the new viper) is old and out dated! Kinda like having a new Corvette and still having drum brakes all around it! The "ride" is that critical....... My friend has a 05 ski-doo rev X that he has spent time re- valving to a point where it rides so darn well (the Sc4 skid is a good one) that he and I feel the same, that there is no reason to replace it ! He is a engineer and very particular in this area.... he went out and bought a slightly used whole motor from a salvaged sled of the same model to throw in it when the original goes! Hes that happy with the ride. There are other good sleds out there being made that are just short of being great because of the lack of quality the OEM's are putting into this area.... Just my strong thoughts....

Do think this is why we are seeing Elka Suspension sponsoring and testing with the Yamaha race team? Obviously shocks don't make a suspension system, but it's start. Lot's of red shocks in that photo.

http://www.elkasuspension.com/category/racing/snownews/
IMG_4515.PNG-550x366.png

The Elkas are a big upgrade for that sled I am sure but the Viper along has a much better /newer suspension also ... bet it rides nice!

Direct Injection- place the fuel injectors right in the cylinder head. Some of the car makers have this feature. More power with less fuel.

As the EFI puts the fuel in just before the intake closes and injects it just ahead of the valve I don't see a gain worth the investment. On top of that NOx levels rise and EGR systems are needed to control emissions along with catalytic convertors. They (DI) do increase power but cost much more to produce. So lets not jump into that boondoggle sooner then we have to. Everyone wants less weight not more.

Apex are already 5 valve head - why would you want 4? I agree with more cc's and better rods(so the main caps don't fall off) like what happened to my RX-1 and three of my friends, - nobody got warranty - But better rods and more cc would do it - with a factory turbo option for 300hp...Now that I have 280hp - I couldn't go back to 150-160 horse...Yamaha is zoo slow - like you say - they are overdue...A 1200cc motor in a Cat chassis...;-))

Any mews on 2016 sleds? Is it tomorow? Yamaha hasnt even givin a date on there facebook page

I believe tomorrow is the day. My prediction is that the vipers, maybe not all, will be equipped w elkas. Maybe some minor tweaks on the apex, higher seat, more rider forward, shock packages? Possibly a new phazer, would be surprised if much more than that. Just my $.02.

Back