• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2016 Single Shot 146 rebound toast?

A&Shuntr

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2016 Yamaha Apex XTX 1.75
2016 Apex XTX 1.75 with upgraded piggyback Fox Float Evol rear suspension springs up same rate regardless if rebound is fully open or closed when you kneel on it and left it pop (literally) back up. Tends to buck you in even the small stutters etc. When closed shouldn't it be noticeable slower? Toast?

2016 Apex XTX 1.75 with upgraded piggyback Fox Float Evol rear suspension springs up same rate regardless if rebound is fully open or closed when you kneel on it and left it pop (literally) back up. Tends to buck you in even the small stutters etc. When closed shouldn't it be noticeable slower? Toast?
Sounds like it is blown. Send it over. Thanks

It will be money well spent. Steve (aka cannondale) has already serviced the rear shock in 18 XTX as well as the front YRSS shocks. Couldn't be more pleased. With the gradual decline of the oil breaking down, you really don't notice the shocks fading until you go on your first ride after having Steve refresh them. ;)!

I went with Hygear single shot coil over and haven't looked back. Amazing ride and no worries.

Even with a coil over shock, you still have to service them as the oil does goes bad. I neglected the shocks on my 08 Apex and it showed in the bill from Hygear when they serviced them. Not their fault; just had a lot of worn parts. Now, I religiously have them periodically serviced.

Thanks guys. I looked at the aftermarket options but most seem to be built to order, which the season around here would be over before it came. Ordered another OEM unit, will put it in tomorrow.

Always nice to have a spare too.
yup. just put my spare in on the 16 last night to get the other one out for you to service. every sled i have with rebuildable shocks i have or am working on having a spare set of shocks for it. makes pre season servicing a lot faster.

yup. just put my spare in on the 16 last night to get the other one out for you to service. every sled i have with rebuildable shocks i have or am working on having a spare set of shocks for it. makes pre season servicing a lot faster.
See you soon! Pretty pumped about the Giveaway ride.

Back