• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2018 sidewinder or viper

Don’t forget the viper will depreciate like a rock thrown off a sky scrapper. Unless the rebates are real good on a left over. Top speed on a viper avg about 80-85 on a trail. You can hold it for days it will only climb a little. I just unloaded my 14 viper for 6800 and I was lucky to find a buyer imo.
Sidewinder ftw over a viper.

I bought a 2017 Viper last year. Which is my second sled. Had a 06 500 rev previous. I don’t regret buying it. I ride in Maine, New Hampshire , Quebec, . In Quebec there is some long straight trails yes when everyone gets above the 80 mph speed. They do pull away from me. But the they would anyways because after five minutes doing over 75 I get tired of it go back to my normal pace of 45 to 60 and enjoy the view. I have hit to many walls and Brocken bones in a race car. Don’t want to relive that again. In Maine and New Hampshire when I want to I can stay on there bumpers. I put 2300 miles on it last year.

If you’re going riding in Maine and your friends are on 850s and 800s and you’re on a Viper, you better say goodbye to them when you first head out because it will be the last time you see them. I doubt you’re traveling to ride southern Maine, so if you’re going to the more popular riding areas north the Viper doesn’t have the speed to run with those sleds
Unless the E-Tecs blow up, that is always possible. :4STroke:

Spent some time on my friends 18 SW on the weekend way up north in Cochrane. After having ridden a Viper I would pick SW all day long.

They have done a really good job on that sled matching power with decent shocks so handling is solid.

My buddy and I would swop back and forth from my Nytro, both riding reasonable, not going beyond 110kph on the straights. That sled obviously can corner much faster and its ability to get back to cruising speed takes about 1-2 seconds, where the 1049 just takes way longer. I would put trees on him on my Nytro without even trying. If you need more power its there - in spades.

Glad I sat on the bench for a few years and waited for them to get this right.

I guess the only thing I would add is - if your trails are super tight this sled may not be as agile. But up on our northern trails where it can stretch its legs, its awesome.

MS

Back