• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2018 sidewinder or viper

YamahaGuy1988

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha
Im in the market for a 2018 sled and i looked at a sidewinder and a viper and just need to knpw pros and cons for each im 5'8 175lbs i was thinking the viper but i herd they had issues

I live in new hampshire in wooded areas my family and friends go up north in me to ride i would be joining them this year since im getting a sled

Vector non-current...................................Give it and oil change around 800 miles........put new wear bars on it also.........change slides at 2500 and belt....and then slides, belt and bars ever 3000 miles and have an awesome sled for years to come.........thats my plan next season!!!!!

Are you still comparing the Viper to the Sidewinder? 'Cuz if you are, the 'Winder is basically a faster Viper. The LE has amazing shocks. I did 350 miles one day & i could have went another 100 if it wasn't for everyone else got sore.

How much power/class did you use to ride with? Viper = 700 Class, Winder = 1000+ Class

Almost identical handling/ride wise, 3000$ buys you and extra 60-70hp and 30# more weight.

On tight twisty trails the viper should have no issue “hanging” with the 800/850’s, the 1049 has a lot of punch out of the corners and not until 80mph+ will the 800/850 start pulling away.

Back