• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2018 sidewinder xtx 137 rear springs

blake

Veteran
Country
Canada
I have a question about the rear springs I weight about 260 without gear and im wondering if I have to find a set of heavy duty torsional springs. I had to do that on my nytro xtx. does anyone know if anyone makes them. my dealer told me there was none available for my sled

anyone else have this problem

I have a question about the rear springs I weight about 260 without gear and im wondering if I have to find a set of heavy duty torsional springs. I had to do that on my nytro xtx. does anyone know if anyone makes them. my dealer told me there was none available for my sled

anyone else have this problem
I weigh the same and I put the billet adjusters from the accessories catalogue. ettOn the third setting it should be good, there is a fourth setting if you need more. Easy to install.

I weigh the same and I put the billet adjusters from the accessories catalogue. ettOn the third setting it should be good, there is a fourth setting if you need more. Easy to install.
cant find them anywhere on the site seems the site changes every week

that is why I couldn't find them don't have them listed under a sidewinder only a viper will they fit the sidewinder with no problems

The part number is SMA-8JP39-BL-00 for the blocks, also 2 of 8JM-RA315-00-00, retainer springs.

Go with the billet adjusters as others have said here, but you may just want to ride it first with the stock springs and adjusters. I'm about 235-240ish lbs without gear and I rode my XTX 137 Winder last year without any bottoming issues at all. Stock adjusters were set in middle position. I have the gray/yellow '18 XTX 137 coming in soon and will set it up the same.

I have the xtx Le 137 and am 280 lbs no gear, also added the 3.5 gallon BRP gas can to rear tunnel , the first 1500 kms rode with rear spring on Medium setting and shock on soft setting, sled rode and handled the weight great and at 1500 km mark I set the shock to the medium or number 2 setting as the suspension was starting to loosen up and I have not had a bottoming issue at all and now the sled is just over 1800 km. I'm very impressed with the weight carrying capacity of the rear suspension. I recommend driving it before making any component changes in the rear suspension . Just my thoughts and enjoy your new sled

I think these sleds are sprung quite stiff out back. And that has alot to do with the poor transfer, and also creates more over heating situations when the flap is too high off the ground.

I'm 200lbs and run my rear springs on the softest setting. 2017 xtx 137. Have not bottomed out the rear end at all.

Should I use this billet adjuster or just replace
The spring with a heavier one?

It won't damage the spring? Sorry for the stupid questions but I'm really new to this. Thanks

Back