• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2018 STX-DX 146"

I was also interested in the '18 146 STX-DX. I am currently on a 2011 Apex SE short track and I want to get a longer track to help with the stutter bumps at the end of the day. Anyone have an opinion on this? Moving from an Apex to a Sidewinder would be a big change and I am hoping it would be a good decision. I am 99% trail rider and I realize that the short tracks corner a little better but would it be that drastic? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I was also interested in the '18 146 STX-DX. I am currently on a 2011 Apex SE short track and I want to get a longer track to help with the stutter bumps at the end of the day. Anyone have an opinion on this? Moving from an Apex to a Sidewinder would be a big change and I am hoping it would be a good decision. I am 99% trail rider and I realize that the short tracks corner a little better but would it be that drastic? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

The one that really stood out when we were testing the 2018s was the new 146” S-TX DX, freaking sweet sled. Unreal ride quality, and it actually handled quite well. Like riding on a couch down the trail. -from Snowtech magazines initial ride impressions

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

I have a 2016 STX 146...new in 2017...did 1300 K .not really what I wanted ..but long story...but about 1/2 way thru the season I really started to like it...gave it a sportier windshield..got another 26 kph out of it with clutches....I can ride longer than my buds..with the 146...I can't feel its long track handling wise..

Broke it in like I was going to keep it..so nothing over 6K for first 500 K it is a 4/ not a 2/

I still have my flickable 99 Phazer..but I am more used to the STX today ..maybe I will lower the seat 3 to 4 inches this summer..to feel more like an Apex..I had ridden..

Why do they try and make these sleds feel like sno-x sleds..

I like that trunk thing after-all..and the heated seat.

The one that really stood out when we were testing the 2018s was the new 146” S-TX DX, freaking sweet sled. Unreal ride quality, and it actually handled quite well. Like riding on a couch down the trail. -from Snowtech magazines initial ride impressions

that is what i've said all along about my 137. What surprised me is that they are going with a 1.25 track vs the 1.6 mine has. the reason i wanted the longer lug is for when riding with my bud's on the bc's with the 1.75's. always worried about getting stuck before as they chased the deep stuff. my back is too far gone to be digging lifting and pulling all day. like i posted yesterday, this one loves the deep stuff.

I really wanted the xtx 137. But the more I think about it, the more this sled interests me. I'm a trail rider, but would like to go off trail more, but not really steep and deep. But I also want a sled I can stud since I'm interested in a big tune. This sled with either qs3's or Elka's would be an incredible big mile trail sled. Toss in a set of semi ridged bags from the stx dx and have the ultimate solo cruiser.

Well it is done. Apex is going in on trade and deposit has been made for 2018 stx dx 146. I hope it is as reliable as the apex has been. I am excited for the different ride style and a smoother ride in the stutters. I hope the long track is good on the trails like all the apex xtx guys have been saying for years. The only thing I am really nervous about is the steering. Too bad EPS is not an option. Only time will tell now

Well it is done. Apex is going in on trade and deposit has been made for 2018 stx dx 146. I hope it is as reliable as the apex has been. I am excited for the different ride style and a smoother ride in the stutters. I hope the long track is good on the trails like all the apex xtx guys have been saying for years. The only thing I am really nervous about is the steering. Too bad EPS is not an option. Only time will tell now
Congrats!! Sure you won't be disappointed. What year was your Apex?

this sled isnt going to feel long and heavy when the trail gets tight and twisty?

Back