• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2020 release date

I always thought yami would build a 900 twin from two 450 dirt bike motors like they did with the phazer motor out of 250s. Some guesses on here about the wolverine motor too. Dont know witch one power wise or weight wise would be better.

I always thought yami would build a 900 twin from two 450 dirt bike motors like they did with the phazer motor out of 250s. Some guesses on here about the wolverine motor too. Dont know witch one power wise or weight wise would be better.
I think both of them would be poor choices, at least from a performance perspective.

Not to compete with doos 900 na. I believe a 900 twin would out run the 900 doo. The 500 makes 80 hp. A 900 from two 450s should be in the 90-95 ish range.
And really the phazer goes good from 0-50. However if yami was going to build it...it would have been done years ago.

I think both of them would be poor choices, at least from a performance perspective.
The Wolverine motor has A lot more on tap than its current "69hp" configuration, it's built to support a lot more HP if needed with forged internals. It could make 90-100hp with different cams for snowmobiling and another 1000-1500rpm Redline. What I haven't found yet is a dyno sheet from a wolverine, I figured someone has to have put one on the dyno already. I really want to see what the chart looks like, I'm betting very torque heavy down low based on the ones I've test drove.

Skidoo's launch date is February 18 th, 10:10 pm est!

Wow!! I had no idea Malinowski raced Yamaha and got a 1st place for that matter, my first new sled was a 13 nytro xtx, before that I rode whatever my uncle had for a spare.
Thats why i posted it!!!

The Wolverine motor has A lot more on tap than its current "69hp" configuration, it's built to support a lot more HP if needed with forged internals. It could make 90-100hp with different cams for snowmobiling and another 1000-1500rpm Redline. What I haven't found yet is a dyno sheet from a wolverine, I figured someone has to have put one on the dyno already. I really want to see what the chart looks like, I'm betting very torque heavy down low based on the ones I've test drove.
would make sense for yamaha to be able to make a sled with that motor since it would make sense to have a dual purpose engine, something with a little bit more power than the phazer but still less than a viper would be nice

A couple of Yamaha 880 options for you

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1550716190406.jpg
    FB_IMG_1550716190406.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 151
  • FB_IMG_1550715941374.jpg
    FB_IMG_1550715941374.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 150
What are all the letters on the side? Looks sorta like the word turbo, 3 times ...per side?
So I'm guessing 6 turbos????
Saw my dealer the other day again....doesn't seem too excited at all....guess we will see.

Back