• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022 Power Surge Cancellations

SNOW HO

Extreme
Just looking at a file I have for my power surge order with a list of accessories ordered that now I apparently won’t need as I’m told by my Dealer that Yamaha has canceled my snowmobile order
That’s odd as I’m looking at the fancy brochure from Yamaha showing the advantages of their PowerSurge program.
The First line states ……
GUARANTEED DELIVERY of 2022 Model
So I’m hoping Yamaha will honour their Guarantee. Recent emails to Customer Relations have gone unanswered.
I see US customers are being offered cancellations with refund or late delivery with a $500 visa gift card
Surely Canadian customers can be treated similarly.

Just looking at a file I have for my power surge order with a list of accessories ordered that now I apparently won’t need as I’m told by my Dealer that Yamaha has canceled my snowmobile order
That’s odd as I’m looking at the fancy brochure from Yamaha showing the advantages of their PowerSurge program.
The First line states ……
So I’m hoping Yamaha will honour their Guarantee. Recent emails to Customer Relations have gone unanswered.
I see US customers are being offered cancellations with refund or late delivery with a $500 visa gift card
I like to see how I get my refund heard my viper Ltx GT is not coming in till end of February picked up a nice 21 sidewinder recently I haven’t heard how the refund is going to be handled

It sounds like you Canadians are getting the majority of the cancellations and late deliveries.
I wonder why?

The First line states ……
E055235B-E50F-4D4D-9BA3-82268C2EF18B.jpeg

Guaranteed Delivery???

This thread had/has me quite worried as I am waiting on a new spring ordered Sidewinder LTX GT EPS as my wife's Christmas present. Are there actual cancellations, or are dealers just telling their customers that they have the option to cancel and receive a refund because delivery will be delayed? I saw a Country Cat Facebook post with a picture of a Thundercat with EPS they received, so I thought that was a hopeful sign for delivery of the EPS Sidewinders as well.

It seems that the majority of the cancellations have been in Canada.
Hard to keep track

Canadian here as well - Cancelled order.
Ordered during power Surge (March) a snoscoot 200.
Planned all along as a 2022 Christmas present for my two sons.
I also got color matched snowsuits, sleds to pull behind, and other accessories totaling over 900$.
They had 8 months to contact me and say "We may not be able to keep our GUARANTEED delivery of your 2022 snowmobile."
In my case, I would have accepted a 500$ visa card, and placed an order for a ZR 200 (almost the same) and used the gift card to
get ZR colored snowsuits.

But instead,
-I got a negative dent on my credit score because I applied for Yamaha financing (I remember there was added benefits if I got financing)
-I lost out on capital gains that I could have made off that 5,500$ (Kept the money in checking account to pay it off at short notice.)
-I have purchased 900$ of accessories that were meant for this snowmobile.
-I NEVER got contacted by Yamaha Canada.
-I repeatedly contacted dealership, until they finally called back last night, saying they have JUST (mid november) got word from Yamaha that some orders, including mine, were cancelled.
-I Finally contacted Yamaha Canada, they're answer "unprecedented times" Which is BS, going into year 3 of Covid. They could have told us months ago. Also, ZERO care whatsoever about these being Christmas gifts, or that no communication was done or 900$ in financial damages.
-I have 3 weeks to figure out Christmas. All other snowmobiles of this size were sold out months ago.

So much for "Guaranteed Delivery and Priority Delivery"

All 3 Manufacture's are having issues.
But i believe they are just late & not cancelled.
Most Ski Doo's are coming without all the parts to dealers. The dealers have them stacked up in store waiting for misc. stuff like dashboards, chips & shocks.
Some may not be in until end of January.

There are many reasons for this and ALL of them are BS!
Yes COVID is the main reason.
Yes COVID changed the World.
Yes this is the first Pandemic OUR generation has seen.
BUT, some of these things are ridiculous.
The US gave soooo much money away, we can't get people back to work. Some people are abusing this handout. Not sure about Canada.
Ships have been sitting off shore for months.
China is now the major Software supplier. How we let that happen is a horrible story.

Not gonna get political cuz BOTH sides are HORRIBLE & only think of their team & NOT the country as a whole.
I was speaking to a Billionaire last month and he said flat out "if we don't get this country back to work soon, there will be a MAJOR fiscal crash"

P.S: Sorry for Rant, just venting

All 3 Manufacture's are having issues.
But i believe they are just late & not cancelled.
Most Ski Doo's are coming without all the parts to dealers. The dealers have them stacked up in store waiting for misc. stuff like dashboards, chips & shocks.
Some may not be in until end of January.

There are many reasons for this and ALL of them are BS!
Yes COVID is the main reason.
Yes COVID changed the World.
Yes this is the first Pandemic OUR generation has seen.
BUT, some of these things are ridiculous.
The US gave soooo much money away, we can't get people back to work. Some people are abusing this handout. Not sure about Canada.
Ships have been sitting off shore for months.
China is now the major Software supplier. How we let that happen is a horrible story.

Not gonna get political cuz BOTH sides are HORRIBLE & only think of their team & NOT the country as a whole.
I was speaking to a Billionaire last month and he said flat out "if we don't get this country back to work soon, there will be a MAJOR fiscal crash"

P.S: Sorry for Rant, just venting
Same situation here, but I think the money is starting to run out.

My buddy ordered 2 Matrix’s and they are delayed. Hopefully he gets them in January. Time will tell

All these 2022 sleds missing parts maybe the lemon model year to stay away from in the used market. We all will have to wait and see if quality becomes problematic to performance. I sure don’t get the warm fuzzies regarding any 2022 brand.

I cancelled m
The First line states ……
y viper ltxgt doo to late production end of February they credited my credit card within a week no apology or sorry for hold up but I got my money back

All these 2022 sleds missing parts maybe the lemon model year to stay away from in the used market. We all will have to wait and see if quality becomes problematic to performance. I sure don’t get the warm fuzzies regarding any 2022 brand.
I am not sure I would worry about it, it's not like they will be missing parts after delivery......

Back