• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022 Power Surge Cancellations

Yamaha Sidewinder SRX has EPS? Did I miss something? I was not aware the SRX came with EPS?
No!!! that was the only thing keeping me from ordering an SRX was the lack of EPS

No!!! that was the only thing keeping me from ordering an SRX was the lack of EPS
Same for me as that red/white color combo would have gone very well with my current fleet!

I can’t help but wonder if Arctic Cat/Textron didn’t prioritize Cat production over what Yamaha ordered? Hopefully the management in Japan now sees the error of their ways and brings pathetic manufacturing of sleds back in house to maintain control. The sleds Cat is delivering are fully complete, not missing parts like Doo or Polaris.

Cat is also in a different plaice not, than they were back in ‘14. They have the financial backing of a larger company behind them. I don’t think Cat needs Yamaha anymore.

They don’t need Yamaha. They only get 1 engine now from Yammi and it’s the 998, the Viper engine isn’t available in a Cat anymore.

I can’t help but wonder if Arctic Cat/Textron didn’t prioritize Cat production over what Yamaha ordered? Hopefully the management in Japan now sees the error of their ways and brings pathetic manufacturing of sleds back in house to maintain control. The sleds Cat is delivering are fully complete, not missing parts like Doo or Polaris.

Cat is also in a different plaice not, than they were back in ‘14. They have the financial backing of a larger company behind them. I don’t think Cat needs Yamaha anymore.
That was clear when Textron went back to their 2s engines. Yamaha’s future is clearly at the whim of Textron. If there is a future after this year with rumors AC is for sale again.

Yamaha is Cats biggest and best paying customer. They may only buy one engine from them now but you want to keep your best customer happy.

Yamaha is Cats biggest and best paying customer. They may only buy one engine from them now but you want to keep your best customer happy.
Is Yamaha happy with Textron performance for 2022 sleds? I know dealers and customers are very unhappy and that eventually flows back thru the OEM to the supplier.

Is Yamaha happy with Textron performance for 2022 sleds? I know dealers and customers are very unhappy and that eventually flows back thru the OEM to the supplier.
True but could Textron prevented the problem? All signs in the industry point to "no"

They are in the same boat as everyone else.

True but could Textron prevented the problem? All signs in the industry point to "no"

They are in the same boat as everyone else.
In any OEM business the supply issue buck has to stop somewhere. Yamaha is definitely dependent on Textron for their snowmobile production. What happened to the forecasted engines for the Yamaha 2022 snowmobiles? At some point Textron had to say stop building so you don’t have engines to pickle we can’t keep up with our forecast.

Ok?
My point is this is not a problem isolated to the Yamaha-Textron partnership. Everyone is the industry, almost all industry, has had supply chain issues.
I would think Yamaha knows Cat is not to blame for what is happening.
Just as Yamaha would love to build and sell every sled they committed to, I am sure Textron wants to build and sell Yamaha every sled they committed to building for them.
Yamaha and Cat would have had supply issues even if they where not dependent on each other for certain items and/or manufacturing.
To say this will be the breaking point between the 2 companies? I just don't see it.
Are some insinuating that the lack of EPS models right now could be Cat saying " the heck with Yamaha , we are building our sleds FIRST!!" ??? That seems to be what some think. I have no knowledge of any of this. If that is true, THEN I can see a huge problem.
I could be wrong, I am no expert.
My point was to those saying that Textron may nix the partnership was this--Yamaha gives Textron an awful lot of money to build the Yamaha sleds, why would they give them the boot?

Ok?
My point is this is not a problem isolated to the Yamaha-Textron partnership. Everyone is the industry, almost all industry, has had supply chain issues.
I would think Yamaha knows Cat is not to blame for what is happening.
Just as Yamaha would love to build and sell every sled they committed to, I am sure Textron wants to build and sell Yamaha every sled they committed to building for them.
Yamaha and Cat would have had supply issues even if they where not dependent on each other for certain items and/or manufacturing.
To say this will be the breaking point between the 2 companies? I just don't see it.
Are some insinuating that the lack of EPS models right now could be Cat saying " the heck with Yamaha , we are building our sleds FIRST!!" ??? That seems to be what some think. I have no knowledge of any of this. If that is true, THEN I can see a huge problem.
I could be wrong, I am no expert.
My point was to those saying that Textron may nix the partnership was this--Yamaha gives Textron an awful lot of money to build the Yamaha sleds, why would they give them the boot?
I know that things are not always what they seem, but the youtube video from Yamaha makes it clear that the Sidewinder LTX GT EPS sleds will be the last ones to come out of the factory for model year 2022. My EPS sled is currently listed for the 2nd half of February. Given the fact that you see Thundercat EPS sleds that have already been delivered, one logical conclusion would be that Arctic Cat is saying "the heck with Yamaha", we are building our EPS sleds first!

Back