• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2023 srx darting

I ran slim jims for a long time. @10k miles over 2 sleds. Very stable. NO darting. When new they turn pretty well.
My experience is that when riding hard, they do have a slight push. I can deal with a slight push. I can't stand darting.
The reason I am trying something else this year is the ZR 800 I rode last year I put shapers on the stock skis. That sled did not push, did not dart and went wherever you pointed it. I also was tired of getting rocks stuck in my slim jim carbides. I also believe the dual carbides have a little more drag.
I have a set of Slydog skis coming to try. Hopefully they work well.

I ran slim jims for a long time. @10k miles over 2 sleds. Very stable. NO darting. When new they turn pretty well.
My experience is that when riding hard, they do have a slight push. I can deal with a slight push. I can't stand darting.
The reason I am trying something else this year is the ZR 800 I rode last year I put shapers on the stock skis. That sled did not push, did not dart and went wherever you pointed it. I also was tired of getting rocks stuck in my slim jim carbides. I also believe the dual carbides have a little more drag.
I have a set of Slydog skis coming to try. Hopefully they work well.
I have run dual shapers for years with stock cat skis and have never had darting issues.

According to the ‘23 Tech Bulletin, the EPS sleds all have a 5mm shim in the rear position of the ski and use a slightly longer at the rear 4 bar staggered carbide. The non-EPS models have a 0 shim in the rear of the ski and use the shorter 3 bar staggered carbide.

Those are likely contributing factors on the handling differences between EPS and non-EPS winders with the Stryke ski.

Last edited:
According to the ‘24 Tech Bulletin, the EPS sleds all have a 5mm shim in the rear position of the ski and use a slightly longer at the rear 4 bar staggered carbide. The non-EPS models have a 0 shim in the rear of the ski and use the shorter 3 bar staggered carbide.

Those are likely contributing factors on the handling differences between EPS and non-EPS winders with the Stryke ski.

Seems like my 23’ was darting more than I remember.. looking for a different direction to go in literally

Last edited:
According to the ‘24 Tech Bulletin, the EPS sleds all have a 5mm shim in the rear position of the ski and use a slightly longer at the rear 4 bar staggered carbide. The non-EPS models have a 0 shim in the rear of the ski and use the shorter 3 bar staggered carbide.

24 tech bulletin ? this is how my 23 srx is now . i dont like it , im going to try a single 6 inch shaper bar , and if that dont work ill try slydog comander ski ,

I lm thinking slim jim dual runners

If you ride a med-aggressive pace they will push in anything but perfect conditions, they should help with darting however. My bud ran them on his SRX a few weeks ago and does not like them much, and he's not what I'd call an aggressive rider. I'd run them for early season or low snow conditions however because they do protect the skis keel.

after putting on 500miles this weekend on my 23 srx , i pulled off my stock carbide runners , all the wear is happening at the back 3 inches of the runner , no more carbide left , were the remaining front of the carbide has very little wear on it , im guessing this has to do with the stock shims 5.0

24 tech bulletin ? this is how my 23 srx is now . i dont like it , im going to try a single 6 inch shaper bar , and if that dont work ill try slydog comander ski ,
Should be ‘23. I edited the original post.

If you ride a med-aggressive pace they will push in anything but perfect conditions, they should help with darting however. My bud ran them on his SRX a few weeks ago and does not like them much, and he's not what I'd call an aggressive rider. I'd run them for early season or low snow conditions however because they do protect the skis keel.

Stryke is a cat ski basically and I’ve heard st can be darn right dangerous and high side..I’d a a predictable push over that

I
Stryke is a cat ski basically and I’ve heard st can be darn right dangerous and high side..I’d a a predictable push over that
I have many miles on ST and I wouldn’t say they are darn right dangerous, if the stryke ski is anything like the cat ski with aggressive ST i wouldn’t waste my money, handling of a sled varies from one to another and the flaws of the Cat ski and aggressive ST come out when the sled is pushed on the aggressive side.

I

I have many miles on ST and I wouldn’t say they are darn right dangerous, if the stryke ski is anything like the cat ski with aggressive ST i wouldn’t waste my money, handling of a sled varies from one to another and the flaws of the Cat ski and aggressive ST come out when the sled is pushed on the aggressive side.

I too have tens of thousands of miles on the Aggressive Trackers, but they are on Doo skis. They are amazing on the Doo skis!

When I tried them on Cat skis (2012 ProCross) I thought the Aggressive Trackers to be horrible, twitchy and dangerous. I believe they set too far forward on the cat ski and it try to steer itself. They missed the balance mark on the Aggressive trackers for the Cat ski.

I wont ever get a chance to try them on the Strike ski because I have numerous new sets for my Doo Skis.
I have so many different carbide sets for the Doo skis its silly, and I plan to always use the Doo skis on my sleds.

I too have tens of thousands of miles on the Aggressive Trackers, but they are on Doo skis. They are amazing on the Doo skis!

When I tried them on Cat skis (2012 ProCross) I thought the Aggressive Trackers to be horrible, twitchy and dangerous. I believe they set too far forward on the cat ski and it try to steer itself. They missed the balance mark on the Aggressive trackers for the Cat ski.

I wont ever get a chance to try them on the Strike ski because I have numerous new sets for my Doo Skis.
I have so many different carbide sets for the Doo skis its silly, and I plan to always use the Doo skis on my sleds.
How much difference do you see in Pilot 5.7 vs 5.7R skis using aggressive ST carbides? Love the aggressive ST on my 5.7s but looking for better cornering in loose snow.

Back