• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2023 SRX helix?

1049triple

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2025 SRX (on order)
2018 High Country 9000
2001 SRX 700
I was at a 2023 snowmobile show today and opened the clutch side cover on the new SRX. I was surprise to see the helix was stamped 8MA10 on it. Can anyone with a 2023 SRX check if you have a 8MA10 helix on it and mesure it?

Thanks!

I just checked the part book and it also show that new helix number...

Mine has the 8MA10 helix.

IMG_0746.jpg

I wonder why they changed the number from the 8KC70. Just saw that in part book they are all 8MA-00 or 8MA-10.

the 8ma-10 is the 33-35 helix, correct?

Look at your spec sheet that comes with your new sled. It gives the helix angle on there.
The helix casting numbers may be the same but these are a machined helix now.
Please post up your spec sheet.

In the frequently asked questions section posted in the top of the Sidewinder section their is a link for a thread to post your spec sheets.

Look at your spec sheet that comes with your new sled. It gives the helix angle on there.
The helix casting numbers may be the same but these are a machined helix now.
Please post up your spec sheet.
Attached here for reference-

Attachments

• SRX specs.pdf
    519.4 KB · Views: 230
8MA-10 has been the helix spec since 2019, the 8KC70 is actually a 37 degree helix. What Yamaha did for 2019 and 2020 was recut the OEM 37 degree helixes they had in stock to the 35/39 helix angle. Somewhere there was a tech bulletin explaining it.

Thanks! Never thought Yamaha had a 37 degree helix. Was that 37 degree offred to the public? Or they were all cut to 35-39?

Back