• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2023 Thundercat Pricing

That deal was only in Canada. They won the patent case in the U.S.
I read the whole court opinion not so long ago. The only reason they lost in Canada was that Cat relied on the test of obviousness whereas the Doo leaned heavily on a technicality and ultimately the court sided with them. Reading the document it was obvious that the court was not inclined to give Cat credit for their prior prosecution (and win) in the US despite that being how the majority of IP cases get solved in Canada. Bad luck for CAT that they got a judge that was allowing Doo to abuse the patent system the way that they did. IOW, cat did a terrible job relying on just one tactic for their defense which basically came down to:

CAT: have you ever seen a snowmobile?
DOO: That isn't a snowmobile?
CAT: what do you mean it isn't a snowmobile
DOO: It has blades instead of skis
CAT: Who gives a #*$&@, skis have carbides
JUDGE: Award to defendant because snowmobiles that run on ice aren't snowmobiles
CAT: Did you listen to what you just said?

Conversely, they won in the states because even the judges in Minnesota recognize a snowmobile when they see one.

I think the prices are here for a while even though they’re outrageous. Supply issues aren’t going away. Maybe 20 percent inflation? Going to be high interest rates. None of it is good. It’s the same with everything though I guess now.
Pay cash or keep the older sleds. 2017 is close to same really minus power steering.

In general I agree but competition drives pricing.

I think most people would be happy being able to have a price discussion, todays situation (no discounts, pre-order only) won't last forever.

Being that the prices of sleds are too high I have decided to fix up what I have.
Looking to put a 146 xtx skid with qs3 shocks in my sidewinder or in my nytro. The nytro is a shorty with miles on it. It leans into the corners with me. It will end up either a 137 or 146 skid in it.

Back