• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2025 SRX

Mototown

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Apex 40 th
After jarets latest blog will be interesting to see what the last run of the srx will come with …
A good name would be SRX -R
should be interesting

I saw that. Interesting to see what models and colors they produce as a last hoorah to Yamaha's past. He mentioned going to talk to your dealer soon to reserve one. Has anyone had any dealers give them info on 2025 deposits/details?

We tried yesterday and was told we had to wait till the launch date

I phoned my dealer the day they announced their departure from sleds , they took my deposit on the first srx they get , but they had no idea of any details.
Only thing that would make it stand out , would be their own gauge ( made by Yamaha ) with gps & a taller track .

Last edited:
Favorite SRX models were 20' all Black and 21' all Blue. Wouldn't mind seeing a 25' in all Red or something we have yet to see.....all White. I know it's a pipe dream, but YAMAHA could you please make the stock exhaust 3" through so we don't have to break the law with an aftermarket exhaust? Hell, I would pay the extra dough over the current price to have a stock Header/ Muffler combo that didn't have to be yanked off the sled new and scrap heaped!

Favorite SRX models were 20' all Black and 21' all Blue. Wouldn't mind seeing a 25' in all Red or something we have yet to see.....all White. I know it's a pipe dream, but YAMAHA could you please make the stock exhaust 3" through so we don't have to break the law with an aftermarket exhaust? Hell, I would pay the extra dough over the current price to have a stock Header/ Muffler combo that didn't have to be yanked off the sled new and scrap heaped!
X2, but I'm not holding my breath. I think there will be big demand for the final run but I'd be shocked to see them spend a nickel on anything besides BNG.

X2, but I'm not holding my breath. I think there will be big demand for the final run but I'd be shocked to see them spend a nickel on anything besides BNG.
Yup, very conservative company. Good time to break the trend with nothing to lose!!! I see the same thing with the Yamaha PWC division. Just comes in a different color each year with maybe 1 new option every 4/5 years.

Yamaha in the past hasn’t done that usually , the last run of a models have a few of following models upgrades to test in production. V -max 4 had disc brakes, 93 exciter 2 had first gen primary clutch, 96 v max had upgrade rear suspension, last year of the viper had detonation control, and then the last apex had special suspension etc .
Hoping they throw a few upgrades in for the sidewinder , but unfortunately Arctic cat is involved with chassis so that leaves Yamaha with limited options for upgrades.

Yamaha in the past hasn’t done that usually , the last run of a models have a few of following models upgrades to test in production. V -max 4 had disc brakes, 93 exciter 2 had first gen primary clutch, 96 v max had upgrade rear suspension, last year of the viper had detonation control, and then the last apex had special suspension etc .
Hoping they throw a few upgrades in for the sidewinder , but unfortunately Arctic cat is involved with chassis so that leaves Yamaha with limited options for upgrades.
Agree, but this time around there is nothing that will follow, so the question is will they just mail this one in and call it a day, or say....WTH and go out with a (noise of lesser impact than a Bang!) Pop?

Id like to see the srx with 240 hp stock with gps. I believe Knapp had posted a picture of a red and white srx his friend customed wrapped that would fit the bill nicely. Or the color scheme of the 02 srx for the last year.

Yup, very conservative company. Good time to break the trend with nothing to lose!!! I see the same thing with the Yamaha PWC division. Just comes in a different color each year with maybe 1 new option every 4/5 years.
Going to have to get a pwc section going on here.

IMO:
BNG will be all the 25s will get as if they had a final production model with any innovative items like a new display cluster or suspension they would have to create a parts supply for those items that were limited to that model year only. It would be highly unlikely they would complicate the required parts supplies as they are just going to want to cut and run.
I found the video was a real downer and reality check that its done and was definitely not encouraged by his discussion on future parts supplies.
If any of us plan on keeping these SWs for any length of time and with the way parts supplies have been, even for sleds that are in production, we may need to pick up a spare parts sled. Our one saving grace for parts is that Cat is still around...for now.

Back