• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

24hr distance by one rider record broken

Mills

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'14 Viper RTX, '06 Apex, '99 SX 600, '74 TL433F, '79 Trail Fire
Sunday into Monday Willie Ewing from Grand Rapids set the world record for the longest distance ridden by a single rider/sled in 24hrs at 2,104 miles. He did it on a 2022 AC Thundercat with a Yamaha four stroke turbo 998CC motor (basically the same sled as a 2022 SRX). See more on him and his record run here:

that’s impressive 87.66 average he has to be hauling butt considering he had to stop for gas at least 20 times

Good show

"To complete the record, he had to use a second snowmobile due to mechanical failure."

"To complete the record, he had to use a second snowmobile due to mechanical failure."
That was the previous record holder:

"For this fundraiser, he is going to be attempting to break an existing Guinness world record, of miles put on a snowmobile by a single rider, in 24 consecutive hours. Willie and his team are planning to start this ride mid-day, and will be running 24 hrs. Straight through the night, into the following day. The current world record is 1908 miles in 24 hours. This was set 10 years ago in Canada, by a gentleman riding an 800 E-tec Ski Doo. To complete the record, he had to use a second snowmobile due to mechanical failure. Willie is planning to make this attempt on a 2022 Arctic Cat Turbo 4-stroke Thundercat. He will also have a spare sled on hand, in the event of mechanical failure."

I bet it needs a top gear bushing by now. LOL

He used only (1) sled a 2022 Thundercat with some mods for safety and communication

I skimmed the article too fast and my reading comprehension couldn't keep up!

Back