• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

3 ways square ski geometries cause darting

I just ordered a set of Curve Xs skis with the leading edge, and I am anxiously awaiting their arrival. My 08 Nytro darts terribly and made my last trip not very fun at all. I switched sleds with a couple of buddies and it was night and day difference between riding their sled and my Nytro. Granted they were newer Procross chassis (Arctic Cat Sno Cross sled and a Crosstrek) but even a 1997 Ski Doo MXZ 670 rode straighter down the trail than my Nytro. My front end bushings were just replaced with oilite and my front shocks are new Exit X1. The rear shocks are freshly done by Hygear. I also added the stiffer torsion springs along with the Hygear torsion spring spacers. The sled bottomed out too much for my liking so I really wanted to beef up the suspension. I just sent the upper ball joints off to Schmidt Bros to have them machined to update the front end geometry so hopefully this with the Curve skis gets me under control.

Forgot to mention I tried shimming the stock skis with the rubber mounting block turned around which helped marginally. Part of me thinks my rear suspension is too stiff with the torsion springs set on medium which is causing a weight transfer issue. I'm going to try running them on soft when the skis and ball joints show up. Might even try a little more pre-load in the center shock as well but one thing at a time to make sure I get on the right track.

Heavy steering with Curves?? Would be great if you could elaborate on your set up on here.. and/or give us a call at the shop (315) 841-8730

I also have heavy steering. I have a 08 nytro with 09 front end, Star suspension skid relocate extend to a 136. Both front and rear limiter straps maxed out and front skid shock almost maxed out on preload.

Back