• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

36" Narrow A-Arm Kit/Shock Question

I think I read stock is adjustable from 34.5 to 38.5 is 36 the width with aftermarket skis?

Boom! Yamaha has come through again!!!! Just got my 2016 front end kit in and it looks awesome,
now I just need to find the time to put everything on. No snow up north here yet and still above 0 in the mornings, so I don't think I will be in a huge hurry to put everything together

How? I was at the dealer yesterday and 2016 parts are still unavailable.

They do show back ordered on the Yamaha system, I placed the order when I saw the new kit part numbers and everything arrived yesterday. Could not be more excited, I was expecting another month wait.

the kit looks good
both lower a-arms
both upper a-arms
ball joints in the arms
tie rods
spindles (with the paint removed from the bottom ball joint hole)

You do know you will lose front end travel with 36 inch front end? I would suggest skis with spacers on 38 to get to 37 then you can keep the travel. Gas Shock Repair in Idaho (unless we have a forum vendor that does it?) cut my Floats down and only charged me $100.00 total for both. He cut the body too not just the shaft. In my opinion anything under 37 gets a bit spooky on the road....but that is just my opinion.
Do i loose front travel with skinz a-arms? Or am i able to use the stock chocks as the skins is longer forward?

Back