• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

40th XTX

Phazernut

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
04 Viper ER.
96 V-Max 4
Couldn't justify the cost of trading my 08 on a new XTX so myself and NewfieApex turned mine into one. Used a Muffinworks 144 extension and has a 1.75 Back Country track. Waiting on bumper brackets from Jason to install the rear bumber. All I need now is snow :-o

Attachments

• DSC00867S.jpg
    DSC00867S.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 138
  • DSC00868S.jpg
    DSC00868S.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 145
  • DSC00869s.jpg
    DSC00869s.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 120
  • DSC00870s.jpg
    DSC00870s.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 147

Looks great, you guy's did an awesome job ;)!

sledneck22 said:
That sled looks great; but would 100% better if it had some snow underneath it! :)

I here you. Neighbours were giving me weird looks all morning.

I am assuming you haven't rode too much with the 144 then? I was seriously contimplating doing this to my sled. How much clearence or what did you have to do to clear the heatexchanger with the 1.75" lugs? I put on an Ice Ripper XT last year (which I love for a track) but am thinking I would like a longer track too.

We had to remove the tunnel protectors. With them out I think there might be 1/4 inch clearance up front. Only rode it from the garage to my trailer. Rode it enough with the 1/4 ripsaw with 192 studs. Great on trails but terrible off trail. I spend more time on ungroomed trails and in the back country these days so I figured the extension was best for me. I would lose my shirt on a trade on a new XTX.

40th's have to be one of my favs (next to the RTX of course :tg: ). Looks awesome ;)! and am sure it will be a riot with that 1.75!! Assume you also did extroverts with that setup?

Ak Yammy said:
40th's have to be one of my favs (next to the RTX of course :tg: ). Looks awesome ;)! and am sure it will be a riot with that 1.75!! Assume you also did extroverts with that setup?

For now I kept the stock 9 tooth drivers to see how it works out. I have a set of 9 tooth Extros I got from a member here. I'm going to see how this works for now. I kept the 23/40 gearing I had with my 121 setup so I'm thinking that I may have to go to 8 tooth drivers later on. Only an afternoon's work to swap them out if I need them.

why do you need a rear bumper? Do you think anyone will catch you? Or is it just in case you back into something? :)

Back