• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Studding XTX LE 137

sk-rx1

TY 4 Stroke Guru
After many years away from Yamaha I purchased a 2017 SW XTX LE with the 1.75 track. I want add add some studs, mostly to make it easier to load into the trailer on icy parking lots. I see some have used the igrip studs. I see some recommend the 28mm ,some say 32. Also, I am not familiar with the SW as to heat exchanger protection. Do I need to add full length protection? I see a rear protector that many are using. Also, is there a preferred stud pattern or is it not that important with the small igrips? I know many of these questions are covered in a few places but I have not been able to find all the answers. Thanks in advance for any help.

That’s would be a lot of stud in that track. I’d do I grips or something. Full length protectors depends on length of stud past lug.

Yes, was planning igrips. Do I need the small protectors? Is there any specific pattern?
I would put on the tears. No need on the tunnel. Make sure you don’t put them under tunnel cooler. I’d do at least 4 per row.

Thanks, sounds like a plan. Did you use the 28mm or the 32. Igrip recommends 32 but I saw somwwhee that some are using the 28 to allow the lugs to felx.

Little late to the game here but for any future inquiries.
IMG_1027.jpeg

IMG_1033.jpeg

Thanks, sounds like a plan. Did you use the 28mm or the 32. Igrip recommends 32 but I saw somwwhee that some are using the 28 to allow the lugs to felx.
Curious as to what you ended up doing? I'm looking to do the same thing with my Backcountry on my Viper. Do you need to install a protector, where? What size screw did you go with? Thanks!

I have not done anyting yet, may ride it a couple times then decide. I will likely get the tunmel protector kit, not sure on the 28 or 32. Cant be much help....

I'm also interested in these igrip screws. They interest me!

I put the 32’s in my 18 XTX SE 137 that has the 1.75 backcountry track. The pics above are the IGrips I used and also the pattern. Pre drill and use some dish soap on the threads. Made a huge difference in traction. I’m not a fan of using studs on a single ply track.

Go on IGrips website and it tells you which stud to use. I can’t remember where I found that pattern. It was on some random site that I happened to stumble across searching. Had a few different tracks as well. If I can find it I’ll post a link.

I put 256 in a 1.75 Hurricane track. Some 32s, some 28s. Some of the track paddle locations dictate which. Thing hooks great in general trail riding conditions. I dont go to the local ice drags anymore, so dont need the "Cat on a screen door" type of traction anymore.

These IGrips have been in for 2 years and none have come loose and still look great.
IMG_3118.jpeg

Back