• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

4th wheel and anti-bottoming kit Mod

dieselnick

Hi, I am thinking about buying the 4th wheel kit and anti-bottoming kit mod.

But I am not really sure what they do and how they perform.

Anybody tried these mods ?

Are they really good ?

These are the parts numbers from www.yamaha-motor.ca/accessories

Anti-Bottoming Kit
SMA-BUMPS-TO-PS
MSRP: $65.48

:Rockon:

Fourth Wheel Kit
SMA-WHEEL-KT-05
MSRP: $41.61

Thanks

4wheels on a mountian? id rather pick away one to get 2inner wheels!

i have tried ant bottoming kit but im not to impressed, it gets to stiff to soon.. maybe i have to ride some more and caibrate suspension and it would work fine. :)

There is a second hole in the rail to mount the spring slide and wheel about 2" further back , that really helps to stiffen up the suspension a lot.
I also took of the coupler blocks and put in a shaft with the rubbers of the any bottoming kit. That makes it coupe up much earlier and I can not bottom it out anymore around here, will take it to the mountains and see next weekend.

Thanks for the info powder muncher !

I will try to look at what you said for the rear suspension tonight.

Do you have any pics of your mod ?

I ordered and now waiting for :
4th wheel kit
bottoming kit
radiator screen protector

I cannot wait to install and modified my rear suspension :Rockon:

powder muncher said:
There is a second hole in the rail to mount the spring slide and wheel about 2" further back , that really helps to stiffen up the suspension a lot.
I also took of the coupler blocks and put in a shaft with the rubbers of the any bottoming kit. That makes it coupe up much earlier and I can not bottom it out anymore around here, will take it to the mountains and see next weekend.

Just did this myself and it is night and day difference. Feel dumb now for not doing it last season and just listened to the wife complaining about it...

Here are a few pics

Get rid of the snow on the running boards.

Loose 6 pounds

Keep it from bottoming out (You can see the old mounting hole ahead)

Keep it from Wheeleing in steep klimbs

Cargo tie down area

Total cost $100 for materials 2 evenings in the shop

Cheers....

Attachments

• 100_0725.jpg
    100_0725.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 210
  • 100_0726.jpg
    100_0726.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 215
  • 100_0727.jpg
    100_0727.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 213
  • 100_0728.jpg
    100_0728.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 196
  • 100_0730.jpg
    100_0730.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 202
4 wheels on a mountain sled will make it handle worse. You should be switching to 2 inner wheels. Those are plenty for jumping, too, despite what most people say. Chris Burandt was in the X Games SnoX Freestyle with only 2 wheels, so that proves it.

re

Perhaps I'm just dumb here but I installed the fourth wheel kit today and I want to know how you guys are doing 2 inner wheels?? I saw no way to do it without a lathe to shorten the shaft. Mind you I did not want to just have bare shaft sticking out on both sides or do a hack job of some sort.

Back