• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What Modifications Would You Do?

HydrogenCyanide

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2006 Yamaha RS Nytro
2006 Yamaha Apex
My season is pretty much done so I am starting to think about any mods that I should be making to my new to me XF9000 cross country. Machine now only has about 2000km on it. Track is 1.75inch with 3 studs per lug. As far as I can tell everything looks completely stock. I've already ordered and installed the Kimpex connect bag.

4th Wheel Kit????- I mostly ride on trail and on lakes? Would this be worth while for touring and reliability. Is there any negative to adding these outer wheels to the sled?

Gearing??- I believe I am geared 22/48. Should I look at going to 24/50? What are the benefits and drawbacks to making this change?

Sliders??- I assume original sliders. Is it worth upgrading to Dupont? Are they really worth the extra cost? Should I just replace the original?

Handguards- Mine does not come with any. Any pro's and con's the the LED handguards offered by Artic Cat?

Carbides- I believe these are the stock dually that come on artic cats. What carbide would you recommend for mostly trail riding? Stick with dually's or something else?

Anything else? I am looking to do some longer tours next year and want to make sure it is very reliable as well as fun to ride. Any other suggestions

Drive/Jack Shaft bearings- With only 2000km should I be looking to replace these?

Appreciate any feedback that you could offer.

4 wheel kit yes. Barn of parts drive shaft saver. ROV delete. DMC top gear or better bushing. Cat skis> snow trackers(semi-aggressive). Riv nuts on exhaust side lower panel and or clutch side also. Fuel return line back to fuel pump slipper. Check clamps/boost leak test

Oil tank gasket? watch for leaks on the oil tank. Barn of parts has a gasket or use "right stuff".
Drive/Jack Shaft bearings- With only 2000km should I be looking to replace these?
bearings are good at that mileage.

Last edited:
LED hand guards are great, the above guage glove box and GPS, def the dupont slides, gearing will be great as you only do trail, deff do the stock exhaust juke box tune and program, fuel return with a good nitr grommet, upper bronze gear and drive shaft bearing saver, do riv nuts on exhaust side or hole saw a 1" hole directly below oil drain and plug hole with the older style rubber boggie wheel caps.... makes for easy oil change. K&N oil filter and 0w30 Amsoil signature oil, bronze bushing kit for all steering, get rid of the front track shock and replace with adjustable REAL FOX one, you will prob end up getting new idler boggie wheels, dont get factory ones get the Bombardie ones, 4th wheel kit or the 9"wheel offset axle from tricked out toys in newmarket , ont,

I was going to put on Duponts last fall as I have done on all my other sleds. Availability was non existent this year and found some a couple weeks ago for $144/ea CAD. Looked at my stock originals yesterday and they are in great shape after 3 years and almost 11,000kms.

4 wheel kit yes. Barn of parts drive shaft saver. ROV delete. DMC top gear or better bushing. Cat skis> snow trackers(semi-aggressive). Riv nuts on exhaust side lower panel and or clutch side also. Fuel return line back to fuel pump slipper. Check clamps/boost leak test

Oil tank gasket? watch for leaks on the oil tank. Barn of parts has a gasket or use "great stuff".

bearings are good at that mileage.
The “Right stuff” ;)

Back