• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

75 miles today at tug hill on the fx

fx-treme

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 SR VIPER LTX SE
Went to the hill today put 75 miles on. This sled rocks period. I have a few things I'd like to do, snow shields for the tunnel it did get iced up on the tunnel and the running boards. 96 studs down the middle to help hook up a little better. Over all I was very impressed, coming off the rx-1 last year, I'm not disappionted at all. I saw 86mph on the speedo with 25 miles on the sled and still had throttle but backed off till it's broke in. Oh yeah I'm going to invest in the wind deflectors from the mountain lite it was a chilly ride. I meet checkman39 today and saw his custom work on his sled, very nice. It gave me some ideas of my own.

Hey guys, today I did 65 miles on the FX. I love this sled. I took some good jump and adjusted the suspension a little bit. I posted in another post what I did. I understand shocks very well and my friend works at Highgear in Ithaca. He told me over the phone what I should do and it worked great. As for wind protection I felt my hands got a little cool that was all. It felt really good to have many complements on my sled and to see fx-treme up there. I must have had 20 pics taken of my sled and custom work.

Thats awsome I was wondering about how to adjust the shocks. I'll try it and see how it works. And yeah as for the wind protection I'm a wimp, just thinking of the -20f nights this winter.

It may not be the sexiest thing out there but I like the shield on My Mtn. Lite. It works. I thought about dropping it all together like alot of guys are doing but the thing does a pretty good job. Just a thought because I'm sure you could probably find a take off reasonable. Glad to hear you guys like your sleds.

mines hanging in the garage... haven't decided if I want to sell it or not... I can say, I stayed nice and warm today, 'dockin around keeps ya pretty warm.. although I do miss my heat exchangers... (feet get cold now)

Did 100 miles on Tug this weekend, coming off an REV SS the last two seasons. The FX hauls the mail and delivers the goods IMO. I beat the living snot out of it...saw 91 mph on the dream meter with some throttle left. No baby facing, I hit it with everything and it kept asking for more...16 mpg, no 2S'er oil...what else could you ask for? ;)!

No radiator snow build up, minimal snow/water on the tunnel.

FX-Treme we probably passed a couple times on Saturday...Redfield/OSC area?

I rode the Hill Friday from TiberView did 81 Miles on 4.6 gallons of fuel......... I did see 88 Mph on the speedo going to Flat Rock & had more left....

Mine is a hard starter when Cold... WHY?

My brother and I did 150 miles on the hill on Saturday and 50 miles in Old Forge on Friday.

We rode from C'ville to Barnes Corners... every trail that looked good!

I was on my Gade and he on his Fx.

The FX is amazing.

Down Culpepper road it flys very good. Seems to be a very balanced sled. The cops were at the end of Culpepper like normal! Thank god I remembered and slowed down. Sticker check and a wave by....

We played with the rear a bit, but the rear shock seemed to kick a bit...more/slower rebound is needed. Will have to contact Ross at Hygear to Revalve...

The front soaked up all. Small studders(Rocks..LOL,) to G Outs on Culpepper)

Hit 86 mph.

15.6 and 16 mpg riding it hard!

Odometer was always a few mile more, per tank, than my gade(His RX1's in the past much closer to mine). Must be spinning more ???

I'm sure we all saw each other buzzing around. I thought it was funny to keep seeing the same few riders so often!!!!

Heard a clicking noise toward the end on the ride.....

We checked tonight and found the two inner front idler wheels were destroyed. They seem to pop off the bearing and they are beat/ground down to nothing... :o|

Also the Tuning Fork Emble is gone from the nose piece. :dunno:

He added the additional wing deflectors from a GT(Near the head light). and the others just below... They seem to work well. We weren't cold as we thought it would be. Old Forge never got above 14degees F and the Hill was ~25(?, not sure, we didn't have a thermometer on the hill).

The sled runs awesome.
We lined my 800 gade up a few times. Can't say the Fx won, but it keeps near and accelates very good. Not quite as violant as my 800, but it does have a very meaty 0-70mph range.

I'm sure with a bigger lug track it would pull even better!

yeah I'm sure I seen most of you guys up there. I seen like 6 different phazers throught the day. It's nice to see everyone enjoys the new ride. can't wait to go back and push the fx somemore.

Back