• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Mach Z not stock king of the lake.

I don’t know why there are so many who don’t believe a stock Mach can’t beat a stock Sidewinder. I have reported many times that my stock Renegade X 900r has beat my 2017 Sidewinder. My 900r runs really good and has no problem with Rpm’s like many have reported. I also have found that the Ultimax XS821 was faster than the stock belt even though it would pull 7700 rpm compared to 7900. I think the Ultimax belts transfer power with less belt slip.

I don’t know why there are so many who don’t believe a stock Mach can’t beat a stock Sidewinder. I have reported many times that my stock Renegade X 900r has beat my 2017 Sidewinder. My 900r runs really good and has no problem with Rpm’s like many have reported. I also have found that the Ultimax XS821 was faster than the stock belt even though it would pull 7700 rpm compared to 7900. I think the Ultimax belts transfer power with less belt slip.
Well you are a very lucky individual. I would definitely be very proud of that achievement. As most Ski Doo's can not. You made the right choice in getting rid of you Sidewinder, as it is most defiantly a DOG!

Well you are a very lucky individual. I would definitely be very proud of that achievement. As most Ski Doo's can not. You made the right choice in getting rid of you Sidewinder, as it is most defiantly a DOG!
I would have to agree with that sentiment. you have a unicorn 900 better send it back to BRP GO! and tell them to make them all like that. Lol

I have posted it before...
We have a 2022 900R Renegade in our group as well as 2 x 2022 X-TXs an LE and an SE all 3 of these particular sleds are stock except the 900R has been doing clutch tuning with the help of Doo performance suppliers/tuners which has improved its performance.
We ride high mile multiple trips a month with the same group of about 6 riders.
The 900R is definitely no slouch[completely destroys 850 Renegades everywhere] but it has never beat either X-TX either in a drag race or on top end.
Next year the 900 R and one of the X-TXs will be tuned to open a new chapter.
Just the facts from our group.

I'm sure that many here have thrown the snowball in the air and when it hits the ground, everybody goes. Or at least that is how I thought it was.
This method is used when there is no one to drop their arm.
I have come to the conclusion that when racing someone you just met on the lake that you should go as soon as gravity starts to pull the snowball from it's upward trajectory, because thats when the guys on the Doos left LOL.

My Sidewinder was no dog but unlike most every other Sidewinder it was completely stock. I really can’t say how they compare on a long run but my results were between 1/4 and 1/2 mile and our GPS speeds were 107 to 109 mph. We never had a chance to stretch them out on a lake or any length where we could definitely determine top speeds.
The 900r is more responsive out of the hole and it gets out front and it’s possible the Sidewinder will catch it on top but we haven’t had a chance to run them wide open for long distances.
I don’t know why you guys are so defensive when most of you have tuned Winders that are much faster than anything Doo is building.

My Sidewinder was no dog but unlike most every other Sidewinder it was completely stock. I really can’t say how they compare on a long run but my results were between 1/4 and 1/2 mile and our GPS speeds were 107 to 109 mph. We never had a chance to stretch them out on a lake or any length where we could definitely determine top speeds.
The 900r is more responsive out of the hole and it gets out front and it’s possible the Sidewinder will catch it on top but we haven’t had a chance to run them wide open for long distances.
I don’t know why you guys are so defensive when most of you have tuned Winders that are much faster than anything Doo is building.
I think every one including myself are not so defensive as much as Thinking your side winder is slow because I’ve never seen a stock one go less than 115 to 120 mph and there’s no way in hell that a 900 will stock and yes I’ve owned a 900 with 200 hp and still would lose to a stock sidewinder yes I might jump it out of the hole but then it’s a drive by. Keep tooting the brp horn but alot of us have been there and done that.

If you properly set up and clutch any sled to get the power to the ground it will be a ride of never ending enjoyment… When someone can do this without spending money or modifying then you are the man …. The real difference between a Winder and many other sleds is the sled was not far off from the factory ( In Stock Form ) to set up and get most of its power to the ground… Yes it takes Knowledge and some testing but its very obtainable… And yes this is without a tune of any kind.. Iam sure other sleds can get there also, but not as easy, and not without money and modifications….

Joe, I recall you had that thunder clutching crap in there and that is known to slow the winder down from stock.

Joe, I recall you had that thunder clutching crap in there and that is known to slow the winder down from stock.
That BS clutch kit lasted a couple hundred miles on my sled before I pulled it out and went back to stock. The only thing I had in it after that was the orange secondary spring from Dalton.
I was suckered into buying that clutch kit from all the BS and lies on this forum. It looks like not much has changed here.

I think every one including myself are not so defensive as much as Thinking your side winder is slow because I’ve never seen a stock one go less than 115 to 120 mph and there’s no way in hell that a 900 will stock and yes I’ve owned a 900 with 200 hp and still would lose to a stock sidewinder yes I might jump it out of the hole but then it’s a drive by. Keep tooting the brp horn but alot of us have been there and done that.
You are talking top end wide open for long distances. I said my results were racing shorter distances and I have no idea how they compare wide open top end.

If you properly set up and clutch any sled to get the power to the ground it will be a ride of never ending enjoyment… When someone can do this without spending money or modifying then you are the man …. The real difference between a Winder and many other sleds is the sled was not far off from the factory ( In Stock Form ) to set up and get most of its power to the ground… Yes it takes Knowledge and some testing but its very obtainable… And yes this is without a tune of any kind.. Iam sure other sleds can get there also, but not as easy, and not without money and modifications….
Everyone and I mean everyone on these forums complained about the Winders stock performance when it first came out. They said it was a dog out of the hole and performed like crap for a 200 hp sled. I wasn’t one of them and that’s probably why I was one of the few who never tuned theirs. I did listen to all the BS back then and proceeded to waste 500 bucks on a #*$&@ clutch kit that was supposed to wake up the ill performing Sidewinder. I don’t listen to the crap anymore.

Back