• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

A couple questions

buddah

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Sidewinder B-TX LE
O.K. Viper guys, since it appears I'm going to be able to join your ranks for next season I have a couple questions:

-Since the skid is pretty much all Cat are the bolts etc. metric or U.S. ?

-If I wanted to keep one of my sets of Simmons skis, I assume I'd have to buy Cat mounting plates, Yes?

-Secondary clutch......will a clutch off of a RX/RS series fit on these splines? I'm kinda doubting it but I have a perfectly good Team secondary I'd like to re-use instead of just letting go to waste.

Thanks!

buddah said:
O.K. Viper guys, since it appears I'm going to be able to join your ranks for next season I have a couple questions:

-Since the skid is pretty much all Cat are the bolts etc. metric or U.S. ?

-If I wanted to keep one of my sets of Simmons skis, I assume I'd have to buy Cat mounting plates, Yes?

-Secondary clutch......will a clutch off of a RX/RS series fit on these splines? I'm kinda doubting it but I have a perfectly good Team secondary I'd like to re-use instead of just letting go to waste.

Thanks!

It seems like there is a variety of different sizes, most metric, and different size torx.

Yes you would need a mounting kit for the spindles. Yamadog put Simmons and said it was a pain, but he got it to work.

And I have no idea for the secondary clutch...

cannondale27 said:
I believe splines are Nytro size which are different than RX/RS series.

That's kinda what Terry speculated too.........Thanks!

Grimm said:
April fool's right?

Huh?

I was asking questions I wanted answered......I never look at the freaking calendar.......... LaLaLa

The viper/nytro rear clutches are the same. A buddy of mine used a nytro secondary when he was doing clutch testing. Had one setup in the stock viper secondary and one setup in a nytro secondary and just switched them out. Not sure if they are different from the rx clutches but I can say that the viper and nytro are the same

Studroes144 said:
The viper/nytro rear clutches are the same. A buddy of mine used a nytro secondary when he was doing clutch testing. Had one setup in the stock viper secondary and one setup in a nytro secondary and just switched them out. Not sure if they are different from the rx clutches but I can say that the viper and nytro are the same

Correct, but almost everything else is different splines.

Naa Jim can play the fool all year not just in APRIl

Couldn't pass it up :jump:

Very interested in these ? as I am joining the Viper heard as well. What do you call a bunch of snakes?

Yamadoo

yamadoo said:

Very interested in these ? as I am joining the Viper heard as well. What do you call a bunch of snakes?

Yamadoo

Snooki?

a group of snakes is called a pit, nest, or bed. According to the google anyway.

cheers!

stingray719 said:
yamadoo said:

Yamadoo

Snooki?
Snooki --don't follow, probably just funny.

Stingray719 thanks for all the clutch help with you and Nospro will be geting next fall I am sure.

yamadoo said:
stingray719 said:
yamadoo said:

Yamadoo

Snooki?
Snooki --don't follow, probably just funny.

Stingray719 thanks for all the clutch help with you and Nospro will be geting next fall I am sure.

Anytime bud! ;)!

subysti04 said:
Unless they are rattlesnakes then they are called a rhumba.

LOL :rofl:

Back