• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

A sled for the wife?

Zuki1216

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
08' Apex LTX
07' Attak MPI S/C
Looking for suggestions on a sled for the wife. I just got back into snowmobiling, so I picked up an 08' Apex LTX and love it. Now I need something for her. Want to stick with a 4 stroke with reverse and electric start. Nothing too powerful. She's never rode one before,and she 5' 0".

I really enjoy the power steering and had 2011 apex xtx, but just picked up a 2016 vector xtx which I like. I previously had 2006, 2009 vectors and enjoyed them, but power steering makes it a lot easier on long trips no sorry arms. I'm 5' 0" and I love the vector.

You could look at one of the 499cc yamaha's, but not a phazer. (not a good beginner sled...) Other than that, I'd just look for any of the 3 cylinder 4 stroke yamaha's with power steering.

What's not good about the Phazer for beginners? Was just reading some reviews about them,looked mostly from ppl who already ride.

What's not good about the Phazer for beginners? Was just reading some reviews about them,looked mostly from ppl who already ride.

they are quite possibly the tippiest sled ever produced, period. Can you make them better behaved? Yes of course but then you are just throwing money into a pit, better off to buy something that rides nicer, more stable and warmer right off the bat.

I have a blast on mine but not not not a beginner machine or a cruiser. Just my 2c

^^^ totally agree with Mike.

"She's never rode one before"- The Phazer needs a lot of rider input, lean off to turn good / high center of gravity- will flop over on a slight grade, handles differently.
I rode one for 3 years, threw good $$$ at it for various things & finally crashing @ 40mph totally put it out of it's + my misery!
Sold the whole carcass to RuggyBuggy & moved to a Nytro.... Best move.

2016 RS Vector has three engine settings on it. Economy mode, touring mode and sport mode, Power steering and the new singleshot rear suspension. This sled will be very easy for her to ride. See if she can demo one and she will love it! My wife is very happy with hers.

Looking for suggestions on a sled for the wife. I just got back into snowmobiling, so I picked up an 08' Apex LTX and love it. Now I need something for her. Want to stick with a 4 stroke with reverse and electric start. Nothing too powerful. She's never rode one before,and she 5' 0".
My wife (4'11" about 100lbs) rides a 2009 nytro rtx se and loves it. She rode my 14 Apex xtx and she loves the power steering but she said she feels more comfortable on the nytro because she sits higher and it's easier to go from sitting to standing. We don't ride very fast however so that should be taken as a consideration as well. If you go with a nytro make sure you put in yamaheaters from Rock...she'll thank you. Good luck!

If it's not a Yamaha look at a Doo chassis (depend on your budget) with the 900 ACE motor. Maybe a better "small person" option than a Vector?

Back