• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

? about which hjc helmet

ps4020

Extreme
I'm looking at a HJC open face helmet and scott goggles is there any certain model of hjc and scott goggles anybody recommand more then another, also any tips about going to an open face?

I run the hjc cl-x4 which is a few years old now but they have similar models now. I also wear voltage x theramax goggles with the nose piece which works well for me. It seals up around my helmet well and I haven't fogged up yet.

Here is my 2 cents that I usually tell who ever wants an open face. Dont limit yourself to one brand of helmet or goggles just based on looks. If you can get someplace and test things in person it makes a huge difference. B/c what works exactly for one person doesn't work at all for others. That combo above works for me but my buddy had the same thing and he now has a different helmet and goggles b/c they didn't seal around the helmet like mine did just from different size heads and shaped faces. Try a bunch of helmets with different goggles and look in a mirror or have a buddy look how it fills up the helmet and where they see skin. If you are ok with where it is or a balaclava will cover that area you should be good.

I wear an old HJC open face, and have tried lots of different goggles. When you are looking at the helmets get one that has a good way of holding in the breath deflector for the helmet. Mine has 3 patches of velcro, some of the new ones I tried on had snaps which seemed to work well also.

take a look at how I tape my goggles to get them to block the wind better. If you do a really good job it will block the wind completely off...then you gotta trim a little to let some air in or the goggles can fog up. But once you find that happy medium it works awesome

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... c&start=30

Back