• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Accessories for New Phazer Mtx

SAITCH0

Hi guys just bought my first brand new sleds after owning a few very used ones before. Decided it was time to leave the 2 smokes world and switch to 4 strokes.Right now I have a few questions about accessories I could purchase. Im gonna use the sleds mainly for powder riding and boondocking.

1-I need a skid plate to protect my investment. I have 2 choices. I can buy an ultra plate for 125$ or a Flotation skid plate and front bumper combo for 320$. My question are is does the front really float better and can someone supply pics of those installed?

2-Im interested in A-arm protector at 89$. I know it wont protect against big hits but its supposed to add flotability, anyone can comment on that?

3- Anti bottoming kit, 66$. Many people find the rear suspension to be soft will this stiffen it up or will it only absorb big impact better?

4-None of the mountain sleds have hand warmers...why? And how much to get em installed and is it worth it?

5-Im gonna get a cover I think i can find cheaper no names ones, dont think its worth to pay extra since sled gonna stay in the garage.

6- I dont really need any bags.Any things else I should consider?

Thx in advance guys and lets hope we get tons of snow this winter.

Nick

I don't have any useful info for, sorry, but I am curious how you found a sled WITHOUT hand warmers. I didn't know that was possible any more.

We (Muffinworks) have a selection of accessories available for the Phazer ... including tunnel supports, bar riser and a-arm protectors. See link to our website in my signature below.

i find it hard to belive that the sled does not have handwarmers take a picture of the handle bar controls and post it here.

Thinking the sled has handwarmers, but maybe he is looking for HAND GUARDS like the short tracks have. Just a thought.

It has hand warmers, if it's an 08' make sure they put the hand warmer harness on before you pick it up. Some of the Mtn.'s left the factory without the harness and your grips will fell like you don't have heat if it has not been installed. As for the float plate, I would just get the regular plate and spend the money saved on a pair of USI tripple threats or the simmons gen 2/3. The stock Mtn. skis work for occasional boondocking but I have found that the shape alllows the ski to sink in the deep pow. My Apex (much heavier front end) doesn't do that with the USI's on. I would maybe get some hand gaurds not so much for wind but branches and things like that. The A-arm gaurds would be a good idea. As for the suspension, well.... I don't think your going to keep it from bottoming unless you only weight about 145 lb's. Just the way it is. I'm 250 and I have a blast on it but it does bottom a lot. The front spring catch (were the spring arm slids behind the wheel) can be moved rearward. This will help but I wouldn't wast the money on the anti bottomers as the shock dampining will not be able to handle it anyway. Your best bet is to ride it and decide for yourself then if need be replace the shocks with Olins or Fox to eliminate the bottoming. The stokers arn't rebuildable anyway so after a year or two it time to change. Hope this wasn't discouraging, it's a great sled and a blast to ride. Hope this helps.

New skis, the simmons ones work pretty good. The stock ones dart all over the place and are only good in powder, as soon as the snow is set up those stock skis jump everwhere, but the simmons ones will make that problem less apparent. :Rockon:

The mountains (07) have warmers. To hell with more plastic ... finally bent the bumper after 2600 k and running over lots of bushes / small trees - the one that did it in was about 2" dia - took it off pounded it out on the vise and put back on (yes I know that it will bend easier next time).

Gave up on windshields - if you are really going to push the sled off trail it probably won't last too long and you soon get sick of shilling out for disposable plastic.

Anything to fix the bottoming would be a plus - some guys have switched out the springs for the heavier ones out of the FX (too cheap to give Yam $300) which is supposed to make a big difference.

Still playing with the tunnel closure ... trimed the heat shield back to try to get some more air flow on the left side (pipes are closer than on right). Cover is a good idea unless you have a nice shed or enclosed trailer for storage in which case a cheap tarp will do just as well.

Haven't played with the skis yet - the stock ones seem to be decent in powder but suck if there is a slight crust.

Its a fun sled

Thx for the info guys. About the hands warmers you guys are right they are there, my bad on that one. Im gonna look for new skis for sure,but im still debating about the ultra plate vs flotation skid plate. I really hope someone with the flotation one can come and give some live input on that one.

THX

Nick

I have the flotation plate as well, really helps to keep the front end up on the sled, as it tends to plow more thn it floats, its a little wider than the plain skid plte and shaped a little different, being wider has also saved me from a couple hidden stumps they hit the edge of this one where as on the other it would of missed the skid plate cutting the belly of the sled. :Rockon:

Thx alot redbull thats the kind of info Im looking for, did you install it yourself? Do dealers usually charge for installation when you buy accessories with a new sled?

they didn't charge me to install it but i did buy it with my yammi bucks along a bunch of other stuff, definitely the best accessory i put on it next to the handlebar riser

Blast from the past! Wondering if anyone has A Arm Protectors AND a float Plate. Couldn't find in a search. I bought the skinz one. The a arms were on the sled when I bought it. Would love to have both, wondering if anybody has successfully ran both at the same time. Doesn't seem like enough room and don't want to damage the plate the first time the front gets a little air and the skis droop down. Anyone?

Back