• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

accessories not working until warmed up

dracutaco

Extreme
after riding all day friday i parked the machine in my trailer,the following morning i started the machine and the dash and headlights where not working until it warmed up is this common? the outside temp was -11f.

i have seen this, 3 out of 4 rx1's did this up in canada after being trailored 7 hours and sitting overnite around -20f.then we went 1200 miles in 5 days without a problem ;)!

Maybe a combination with the trailer getting frosty inside and the sled sometimes frosts too. Use some dielectric grease on your electrical plugs and fittings.

Someone told me its the battery being at a low voltage. His would no come on and then after the sled warmed up for a few mins lights came back then the gauge.. Funny thing was my viper did the same thing right after it. I had never seen it on my viper either. But I had been fighting to get my sled started due to a frozen fuel pump so it had cranked for a while and sucked the battery real low.

There are relays for both accessory circuts that will not turn on untill the cdi supplys 12v to them. When the sled runs for a bit it brings up the voltage in the battery and when the cdi sees enough voltage it turns on the relays.Must have been low enough to shut them off but high enough to start the sled. The other possibility is some moisture had built up in the relay and it froze closed.

Back