• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Venture gauge not working

Andre_023

Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
Yamaha venture lite -09
Hi.

Just bought me a Venture Lite -09 where the gauge is not working all the time.
When you turn the key, the "backlight" in the gauge lights up, but no info about speed, temp, etc. is visible. It can also work but after a few second die, but the background light is working. Feels like typical loose contact.
Have not had time to troubleshoot that much, but have removed the gauge and the plug looked nice and no moisture in the meter housing.
Anyone got tips on where to start looking for errors?

Is a brand new battery in the scooter

These usually fail due to water inside the housing. It shorts out internally and destroys the components. Seen this several times on my son's Phazers as they were more exposed without a windshield. Take it apart and try to dry it out. If it still works, seal it up with silicone around the perimeter and the outside of the plug. The rubber boot on the plug is not very good at keeping water out.

These usually fail due to water inside the housing. It shorts out internally and destroys the components. Seen this several times on my son's Phazers as they were more exposed without a windshield. Take it apart and try to dry it out. If it still works, seal it up with silicone around the perimeter and the outside of the plug. The rubber boot on the plug is not very good at keeping water out.
I have taken it apart and i couldn't see anything wrong with it. I also hade a hair dryer to dry any moister. When I plugged it in after that, it worked for about 5 seconds. So you think i should buy another? Is it the same on phazer and nytro?

Phazer, yes, Nytro, no. There might be a change around 2010 for the Low Oil Pressure message but I think all years will work.

I have taken it apart and i couldn't see anything wrong with it. I also hade a hair dryer to dry any moister. When I plugged it in after that, it worked for about 5 seconds. So you think i should buy another? Is it the same on phazer and nytro?
Phazer, yes, Nytro, no. There might be a change around 2010 for the Low Oil Pressure message but I think all years will work.
Do you know the difference between them? Because I found a lot for nytro, but not one for phazer. Is it possible to fix the one I got?

Do you know the difference between them? Because I found a lot for nytro, but not one for phazer. Is it possible to fix the one I got?
No reverse button nor lights for it (D and R). However, I did transfer the switch from the old Phazer cluster to the Nytro's but required cutting and grafting its internal plastic holder. I also had to use the Phazer's cover for the button. LEDs couldn't be added due to other circuitry required. And I also don't remember if it properly displayed RPM as the Nytro has a 3 cylinder engine.

Edit: Might not even be a Nytro cluster I worked on. It could have been a non-reverse Phazer cluster. Might be the same as the Nytro, might not.

I'd suggest looking at getting one from North America. Check with Travis at Barn of Parts. He specializes in Yamaha parts and I'm sure he could ship overseas.

Just out of interest, will these sled run without a gauge pod?

I have bought a used speedometer and now it seems to work.
Incase some eles has the same problem.

Back