• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Admin delete please

Hi guys I know everyone is thinking exhaust donuts. I have removed the donuts and the flex pipes and replaced them with FX Garage works pipes. I only notice the backfire while the clutch is freewheeling during deceleration like a tight corner or if you have to grab the braked hard. One other new issue is during cold start up the sled starts at 2000 rpm within a few seconds the sleds drops to 1200 rpm and idles rough while the cold temp light is on. Once the sled is warm it idles much better between 1500 and 2000 rpm. I removed all the gas and refueled which made no difference. I tried the tennis ball on the exhaust and the sled did stall although not immediately it gave a few chugs. I'm going to start by replace the spark plugs as they are 3 years old.
Could a Throttle Position Sensor or something on the fuel rail case these issues?
Is it possible I still have a very small exhaust leak?
Any other way to test this?
Why do I not get the smooth high idle at start up?
Any input or ideas appreciated

Thanks,
Chris

Did you replace the gasket where the flex pipes meet the block? I read all the posts but didn't see mention of this being replaced.

Back