• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Advice on Bergstrom triple points & snowtrackers

dfapexride

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 Apex XTX
Based on the early reports on this site it looks like my new Apex XTX is going to have some darting issues. I don't want to have any darting issues at all. I'm used to not having any due to either triple points or snowtrackers being on my other sleds.

As you can see I have experience with both types of carbides. The snowtrackers are semi-aggressive.

My issues are #1 trying to get through to Bergstrom's is impossible. I've been trying for two days and get a busy signal every time. He will not accept emails per the note on his website. So he's making it very hard to do business with him. Honestly, triple points were my first choice since I have dealt with him before and was happy with the experience and the product.

#2 If I go with snowtrackers I would like to hear from people that have experience with both the semi-aggressive and aggressive versions so I can decide which of the two to get this time. Also, back when I ordered mine about 3 years ago my order was delayed due to some "customs" issues and they had to call me about the order. BTW, I have the same snowtrackers on my sleds three years later...

So, if snowtrackers, which ones semi-aggressive or aggressive. I've been satisfied with semi, but aren't sure if I'm missing out on even better performance with not having the aggressive. My riding style is at times aggressive, but not always.

Any comments would be helpful

If you are going to pay for snowtracker buy the aggressive one, they will be semi-aggressive as they wear.I try both on my apex.

I've had all 3. Bergstrom's triple points, semi-aggressive Snowtrackers and aggressive Snowtrackers. Of the 3, the aggressive Snowtrackers win going away. They're the best think I've ever done to my sled. There isn't even a thought of darting in any snow condition. You can ride through the worst possible conditions with one hand and track as straight as an arrow. The only caution I would give you is that if you have a 13mm swaybar with the aggressive Snowtrackers, the feedback to the handlebars is very noticeable harsh. I'm not completely sure why that is, but it definitely is. A buddy of mine had this combo last year and ended up putting his stock swaybar back on. He was very happy after that.

Re:Snowtrackers

I have been riding the Agressive Snowtrackers for years and would strongly urge Apex/Attak riders to go with the Agressive due to the heavy front end of the 4 strokes. I can take turns at 90mph (I don't suggest this) with one hand. Very happy with this set-up I also have the C&A Razors with Bergstrom tripple points and like the Snowtrackers more!!! Just my 2 cents...

ski

last year when i ordered snowtrackers for my mt.skies they only make
semi- aggressive, is this true? they seem to work fine.

PM Me your info if you want Bergstrom's I can drop your info off to Scott I only live 4 miles from his shop. He is really busy this time of year, and is a 1 man shop.

Weird I've been trying for a week all through the day every day and its always busy he obviously has the phone off hook. Nice way to do business!

Nothing compares to the snowtrackers. They are the fix. Triples were okay but in noway do they compare with the snowtrackers. :Rockon:

Royal distributing in Canada. They are awesome. They are easy to steer. You can do one hand on the trail all day long. :Rockon:

Banks93 said:
Royal distributing in Canada. They are awesome. They are easy to steer. You can do one hand on the trail all day long. :Rockon:

Steering is very easy and very predictable. They wear great. They are a beautiful thing. Admittedly, they look so goofy it's hard to get yourself past that to try them, but once you do, I doubt that you will ever go another direction.

Back