• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Advice on setting up suspension for girlfriend

802 Rider

Country
USA
Snowmobile
17 Sidewinder LT-X SE, Turbo Dynamics Power Trail Tune 270hp, Turbo Force Muffler, Dalton Clutch Kit, SLP Powder Pro Skis, 144 Woodys Studs
15 SR viper XTX
12 FX Nytro XTX, MBRP Trail Exhaust, Barcode 365 Upgrade Front suspension, C&A RZ Trails skis
08 Fx Nytro RTX, MBRP Trail Exhaust.
05 RS Vector ER, Hauck Exhuast & Clutch springs.
05 RX-1 ER Limited
03 RX-1 ER
02 SX Viper ER
01 SXR 700
97 SX 700
92 Phazer II
89 PHAZER
81 SS 440
82 Bravo
My girlfriend picked up a 15 Viper XTX. The guy we bought it from was a bigger guy, rode almost 100% off trail. We dont have the manual for it either. We ride 100% groomed trail. She is about 105lbs and is a good rider. Curious about what people think about how many lbs of air should I have the shocks pumped to? Ive only had the float shocks on my old 08 Nytro shorty back a few years ago. Also looking to see how I should adjust the front shock spring on the rear skid. Thanks in advance for the advice!

Fronts-65lb
Rear-150lb
Center-Snug+3turns and adjust by 1/2turn increments on trail till it is nice for her.
Limiter-2nd hole from all the way out.

I settled on 60psi front and 115psi rear on mine, for a 200# geared up rider. With the stock 110# spring in the center the front will stay glued to the trail unless I put 6+ turns from loose on it. Trying a 160# spring this year.

Yup 115 for her weight in the rear she will never bottom out higher than that will launch her over the handle bars

My girlfriend has 2016 Viper XTX 115 LBS. always a treat to get a sled working for her. This one is pretty close now, first off not worth putting 1 dollar into the floats, They are not good on the Procross chassis for trail ridding, off trail great but not good for trails. we ended up with Ski Doo pilot skis, fox QS3-R for front shocks, Hygear Pro Linkage for rear suspension and got rid of the Float in the rear for a Fox 1.5 Zero Pro rear shock valved for her weight, all from Hygear. This set up is night and day compared to stock!!!! its like a complete different sled. She loves the ride and handling. I have used Hygear for years to dial in shocks for her sleds and they always deliver. we ride NY, NH, and Maine and a usual day is between 250 to 400 miles of trail riding she is a good rider and knows when a sled is working right or needs help. You wont be disappointed with this set up.

personally I would ditch the air shocks all together even the base model coil overs ride better especially for a lighter rider. I have QS3 on my 16 RTX and they are too stiff for me and I'm 180. only on the worst trails when I'm pounding on it do I even move them into position 2 and I have the springs on the softest setting. almost impossible to bottom. definitely need to be valved for her weight. My wife is 120 and when she sits on my sled there is 0 sag thing doesn't move 1/2"

I have a set of front coil overs off in excellent condition of a 2014 viper if you are interested. Previous owner switched to QS3's. Shoot me a PM if you are.

Back