• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Advice to make less ski lift

Billock12345

Extreme
Website
www.beasleylock.com
I would like to learn how adjust the skid to make less weight transfer. i am doing more trail riding and less ditch banging and I seem too have a disadvantage in the turns than other sleds. most other guys are sliding through the turns and the nytro even with the slightest throttle increase is ready to jump out of the turn. I rode other sleds and the guys who can't even lift the skis are screaming the turns but i can stomp it in the straights and catch up. but on twisty trails I lose them. so I want to try to reduce some of the weight transfer ans split the difference for more trail versatility. Does anyone have any ideas on the adjustments necessary. I think it's the rear limiter strap and the spring preload on the rear shock. but I'm not sure. Any help would be appreciated......Thanks in advance...............B

add a coupler block and increase your comp to the rear shock.............pull the front strap and reduce center spring preload.......................or, fix it properly and have someone revalve the shocks.

gormleyflyer2002 said:
add a coupler block and increase your comp to the rear shock.............pull the front strap and reduce center spring preload.......................or, fix it properly and have someone revalve the shocks.

I didn't know that a re valve would change the ski lift... when I had the floats upgraded to float 2s they also were re valved. so many ideas. I don't know where to start. Thanks every one for all the great advice... you guys rock....................................B

i have stock coupling blocks.....limiter strap is fully let out (stock) and I have minimal ski lift......i can add remove ski lift or weight transfer via one position on the torsion spring and few turns of the low speed comp screw.....

stock calibration is a joke, i can move the back end around easy now.

read the Nytro article on the "Hygear" site

I don't even have one of these, but I think I get you close.... Set the transfer rod to have the the least amount of transfer. (read the manuel on how to set the transfer rods to have less transfer) This is making the suspension more coupled.. Tighten the front limiter strap up one position/hole. Ride it like that and tell how it reacts. I don't believe you can adjust the blocks, can you. Please confirm?

Back