• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

After market acc.

a mirrior insert would be the mirrior that insert s between the in side of the windsheild and the speedoi'v seen them on ebay and there stamped Yamaha yet seems like you cant bet them from Yamaha dealer

I am still not sure what you are talking about. Yamaha has 3 mirror options, the lame one that mounts on the side of hood down low, your knees block the view. The 2nd one bolts to the hood higher than the first, these are the same mirrors used on most of their sleds. The 3rd and best mirror option is mounted up on the windshield and works great. They take a little mod work, but work the best.

Re: Mirrors

If you are looking for the mirrors posted on eBay!, forget about it. I had ordered a set of those last year and they do have the Yamaha logo on there but are not a licensed product. It appears that the mirrors are made in someones garage or shop.

The mirrors are home-made and you need to drill two holes on each side of the cowl to secure them in place. The problem is that the 'flex' from the windshield is lost as the mirrors fit in the cavity. There is no give between the mirrors and cowl and it'll cause hundreds of dollars in damage should you happen to roll the machine.

Just my two cents.

I just installed the mirror insert type on my RX1 and they work pretty good. My knees block the view a little but move a bit and I can see fine. They look a lot better than regular mirrors and they fill in the gap between the windshield and hood on either side.

Yamaha wants $189.95 CDN but the exact same kit is at Royal Distributing for $35.95 CDN

Here is the link: http://www.royaldistributing.com/shoppi ... _04_A.html

The part # is 12-12356.

Here is Yamaha's

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/acces ... etail.aspx

P.S. the hood and side panels need to be drilled but there are divots on both pieces that are even in the right spot. It only took a half hour to install them.

:letsnow: :letsnow:

Problem with the kit from Royal distributing is it is not available :moon: ... been trying to get for two years now ,,,unless it changed recently... keep us posted :drink:

Oops Maybe i spoke too fast, :drink: i tried ordering again today and my order went through,, last time it said that the mirriors were not available

I had the standard OEM mirrors, mounted on the side of the hood, behind the windshield, and my knees blocked the view. I tried the Powermadd mirrors, and they are a bit small, and susceptible to damage - especially when you try to fit a cover over them.

The best mirror setups are, as Indy said, the ones that stick-up higher, like the Ventures. Or you could try strapping on a hand mirror to the backside of your glove, they seem to work and function well for the people I've seen using them.

As far as the standard Yamaha mirrors I think a lot of it depends on how tall you are. At 5'10" I have the regular mirrors mounted on the cowl and they work fine. If your over 6' I can see where it would be a problem.

I have the touring mirror kits on my 04 RX1 and and the only thing they are good for is blocking the wind. You can not see anything out of the mirrors and you can not adjust them either. One of the mirrors has also fallen out. When I purchased them back in 04 they were 72 dollars from the dealer. I don't think I would wast my money on them at 130 dollars

Back