• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Aftermarket Lower Balljoints

Three of us have almost 2000 miles on each of our XTX's and we haven't noticed any slop yet.. Is this more common on the older nytros??????

5000+ miles, ball joints are 100%, tie rod ends have very minimal slop and a-arm bushings have been replaced.

I talked to Dan Gueco (Gueco racing) used to be Eagle river Yamaha and he said they are just press fit like stock ones beside drill and tap for Zert.

He said 240.00 plus actual shipping cost for a set as the bearing they cut and machine to hold the ball is 70.00 each.

It is metal on metal and lasts alot longer than stock, how long i dont know, just pump in grease before every other ride.

You can get 2 stock sets shipped to you from yamaha plaza for the same price so im not sure if its worth it, if they last 3000-4000 miles i guess it is but who knows.

Also Danny is a very nice guy to talk to. Link below.

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/for/1602132555.html

Danny is a great guy to deal with and has a great many hours doing racing set up. He used to help the benders test there stuff each year when they would travel to alaska for the snow & big lakes.

Here.

Attachments

• BallJointFix.JPG
    BallJointFix.JPG
    90.2 KB · Views: 97
For the lower joint you guys might want to look into getting the socket the joint fits into finish machined.If its not perfectly round and correct fit any of these style joints will wear fast.Would also account for why some have the issue and some dont since the joints themselves are probably made to very tight tolerance but the arm and socket isnt as easy to manufacture as close unless machined as a last step.Even powdercoating or paint could cause a issue

They're my design.

The rings are made of bronze, fit the bore of the a-arm. The ID matches the radius of the ball. I liberated the ball from the stock ball joint assembly. I just changed one set with over 4600-miles on them.

bjowett said:
I have been considering having some HD units manufactured. Metal on metal, lip seals, greasable. Time to get on it....
I was have fifty four hundred miles on my 09 nytro xtx so i want to replace my ball joints and bushings and i took a real hard hit on my lower right a arm so i have to replace it also.
I was wondering if you have your heavy duty ball joints available yet?
thanks,
bradb

arteeex Great looking product... When are you going to hook up your fellow riders? With this now we'll have the lower ball joint and ulmars bushing kit now who's going for the tie rod ends and upper ball joint? There is not a joint on my sled that does not have play with the "up dated" lower ball joints and new stock bushings. Only 1300 miles on it.

How's the ball joint saga going? Everyone still chosing from the greaseable one or the bronze one's?

With the bronze ones using a stock ball, do you need a new stock ball, or can you use one that's got mileage on it?

Back