• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Aftermarket rear shock for 2006 rage

mikecavins

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 yamaha rage
Looking to replace rear shock. 8ft-47480. Can't find aftermarket shock that matches.
20221121_153847.jpg

Went back out and looked at it. I now see that the shock is further up under the track. When I press down on the back end it doesn't come back up. I actually have to pull it back up. Not familiar with suspensions at all. What is the function of control rod?

You have a MONO suspension . Only one big shock. The picture is the control rod .

Read thru the threads above and you will find answers on how to setup your front and Rear suspension .

The main shock is rebuildable and serviceable in the Rear . So you can fix your situation for under 100$
I believe the front shocks are rebuildable also.

Thank you guys for the comments. This is my first post in the forum. Does it sound like the shock if it doesn't have rebound on the rear end?

The large shock in the rear only has rebound only . No compression adjustment. I’m not sure if you have a dial on the left side or your tunnel?? It will say hard soft on the dial . This adjust your rebound. If you don’t have the dial there is a screw adjustment on end of the shock which can be adjusted with a #2 square drive bit .

Maybe take a picture of your tunnel on the left side and show us . On both of my Vectors the adjustment cable broke and the shock was locked into one position.

that might be @Viper_Dave riding buddy gerry's old sled that they swapped in the mono shock out of his attack when he up graded the suspension on it. good news is that the shock is serviceable and should be less than $50 including shipping to get it serviced.

1669078994149.jpeg

1669079363258.jpeg

If you look by the left side foot well you can see the dial adjustment for the shock

Yes it has the dial for soft to hard. Moved it and didn't seem to make a difference for the back to come all the back up when compressing down. Pretty loud clicking sound coming from the suspension though. Can't really get into messing with it right now. Have to get ready for work in a few minutes. Will really look it over tomorrow when I get out of work.

Keep post your progress. We’ll work through it and get it sorted .

Sure will. Have to get it fixed before I go up in January. Too old to ride with messed up suspension. My back and neck can't handle it.

Been working over the holiday so I couldn't get into messing with the sled. I plan on pulling the skid Monday to check things over. Any recommendations for a place that rebuilds shocks? How long will it take?

Lookup Cannondale27 in the search. He rebuilds shocks and is very reasonable.
I’ve had at least 12 shocks refreshed by him .

If you can find a Dual rate spring for the shock it greatly improves the ride . You could ask Travis at “Barnofparts” if he has a used one . He is a vendor on this site and a great resource for Yamaha sleds .

Travis at BOP can hook you up with one of his dual rate springs. I’ve ordered two from him over the years now and with some decent updated valving in that stock KYB shock you’ve got you’ll have a combo that’s pretty tough to beat ride wise for a trail sled.

Back